Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2006 7:07:45 PM EDT
Sitting on your rock, using electronic fawn call, he came from left to right just like I knew they would, large male, tan with black tips, crossed at full run, was going so fast I couldn't get scope on him, was about 60 yds down, hit the thicket to the right and stopped, was looking for the fawn, one shot with my AR, hit him in the chest on the right side, SOB spun and ran down hill. Finally found him about 50 yds down in the thicket. Drug his ass all the way back up, stopped by Ken's, his daughter Jessica took a couple of pictures, was hoping they would send to me but haven't got them yet.  Told you that was a good place.  Got a few more scouted. My guess is he would weigh in at about 35-40 lbs.

rk

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#1]
congrats
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#2]
!!  

So when are you inviting me back up?  j/k - good job, friend.    Post pics when you get them.

What do you think of this?:

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:35:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like your left hand. Really, I don't know. Looks like a real big deer. I'm fairly new to deer hunting. When I'm tracking I need to see the whole area to get a better idea of the set up. I don't just look at a track. When I hunted up the one I shot I followed most likely access points through the thicket and looked for disturbed leaf patterns over a wide area. Welcome back up anytime. Let me know when its best for you. And Jennifer is also welcome.

rk
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#4]
bump, photo

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#5]

pesky buggard
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top