Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 12:51:35 PM EDT
Can anyone here who owms one or more NFA items tell me if they must be registered with the State Police/Dept of Public safety once they have been approved by the ATF?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:42:32 PM EDT
[#1]
They do, I just don't know the process.

Brian
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#2]
You are required to submit an application to transfer to the state police.  This is a simple one page form, they will mail the approved form to you and you must attach a copy with your Form 4.  Once the ATF approves the transfer, then you must also register with the state police, again a simple one page form that can be processed via mail without any trips to state police headquarters.  Your dealer can provide the state forms or you can get them directly from the state police.  Contact the concealed carry division of the LSP for more information or to request the two forms.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#3]
What if its just a SBR on a Form 1?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't know, best to check with the state police, but I think you will have to register it with them.  Call the concealed permit division of the state police in Baton Rouge.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea the ATF just kicked back my form 1 for not getting the state permit first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top