Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2006 5:36:43 PM EDT
For the people interested in supporting our Forrest County Sheriff (Billy McGee) for the actions he took after Hurricane Katrina, there is now an online petition you can sign located Here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#1]
well i'm from alabama, but i'm interested.... what charges are they bringing against him?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
well i'm from alabama, but i'm interested.... what charges are they bringing against him?

+1 million

What did he do? details or link to details?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:08:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's a new's article about it

it's a damn shame that they are doing this. why isn't ray naggin being charged for reckless endangerment? I think they need to start looking at the people that did stuff wrong before they start prosecuting heros.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:18:59 AM EDT
[#4]
i just posted this over at the xdtalk forums btw.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:50:42 AM EDT
[#5]
For those unfamiliar about the case between our Sheriff and FEMA, here is a article about it.
Sheriff Billy McGee vs. FEMA
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#6]
He asks for a jury trial and he walks easily. With the way people feel about FEMA and its incompetence, no jury will ever convict him of anything. If I was his attornry, I would make a simple statement when the feds finished-"he helped, they didn't. They are incompetent and are only doing this because he showed how sorry FEMA is. If a hurricane or other disaster hits again, wh do you want helping, him or FEMA. Which has shown they care? I rest my case". Jury probably stands up and applauds.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:22:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Signed it what else can I do?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top