Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 11:32:22 AM EDT
so i'm working security at the local grocery store last night. keep in mind that it's in the middle of the ghetto. The guy that normally works there is about 60 and unarmed. I was pulling his shift. I'm 27 and have a xd40.

anywho. the night was going fairly quiet up until about 9pm. No customers getting roudy, and only one or two trying to shop lift. about 910pm this black gentlemen walks in wearing a grey hoodie. First thing i noticed when he walked in was i couldn't really see above his nose cause of his hood. (it's 70something degrees outside). I watched him for a few seconds as he apparently scoped out the video cameras (that don't work). As he's walking to go through the theft dectectors i noticed a bulge coming out of his waist band. Not that i'm billy bad ass, but i do mean business from time to time. He must have figured that out, cause as soon as i stepped out of my cubby hole, gun clearly visible, he turned around and walked straight out. i followed him out the door, where he promptly took off running. There was no need for me to chase him, as he hadn't <done anything wrong>.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the two times in my life I thought I might have to use a gun was at a gas station on the West side of Montgomery. I try to stay away from the area...

So, does this qualify as "Drawing Down" on someone, or was it an "Attempted Drawing Down"?
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:42:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#3]
So had he shoplifted, or was he walking in with a gun to rob the place? I can't tell.  

Where was this? I try to keep up with the crime-riddled areas of Montgomery (which is basically everywhere).
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:51:07 PM EDT
[#4]
basically walking in to rob the place. or that was the impression i got when he took off like the mad hatter.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#5]
and it was at the calhoun foods on mt. miegs, off ann
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:02:31 AM EDT
[#6]
It's sad to see a city go down the way Montgomery has, but it is a direct result of the Welfare state and the Civil Rights movement of the 60's.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:51:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Duh. What do you expect with their clientele?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Funny, that was exactly the place I was thinking of
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:17:12 PM EDT
[#9]
You all mean to say Greg isn't keeping out the riff raff? haha.

Can't wait to visit my family while on leave and not have my saw or m4.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top