Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 4:12:02 AM EDT
Looking for a range were i can shoot my AR at 50 yards at the least...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:57:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Sherburne is about 45 minutes to an hour away from BR. Its free. You missed a good shoot there yesterday.

ETA: Directions at the top of this page. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=31&t=225288&page=5

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Ascension Parish Sheriff's Range  
Lamar Dixon road in Gonzales
near the convention/expo center
they have a 100yd rifle range
but AFAIK, its only open on the 2nd
and 4th Thursday, unless that has changed.
That's about 10 minutes from College Drive  
in a Mustang.
Mike
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sherburne is about 45 minutes to an hour away from BR. Its free. You missed a good shoot there yesterday.

ETA: Directions at the top of this page. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=31&t=225288&page=5

Not totally free but pretty darn close.

Persons using WMAs or other department administered lands for any purpose must possess one of the following:
1. a valid Wild Louisiana Stamp
2. a valid Louisiana fishing license.
3. a valid Louisiana hunting license.
Persons younger than 16 or older than 60 years of age are exempt from this requirement.
Also a self-clearing WMA permit,detailed above, may be required, (available at most entrances to each WMA). Check individual WMA listings for EXCEPTIONS.

I just wanted to post that warning because listening to the yahoos who work the gun counter at Academy damn near got me a ticket some time back.  A Wild Louisiana stamp is only $5.50, and that is the best deal going for a 100 yard rifle range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top