Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 7:11:01 AM EDT

Mar 11-12 Gun Show Heymann Convention Center 1373 S. College Rd Lafayette

Hopefully the ammo guy will be there. I'll be going Saturday. Anyone else going?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:26:34 PM EDT
[#1]
what luck that is. I'm there. saturday. in search of ammo. and, whatever else i might come across
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I will be there Saturday too.  Ammo guy, if you are reading this, I want you to know that I have cash for ammo!  

[begin rant]If anyone is selling Wolf 7.62x39 for more than $130/case, I will just have to do without that particular ammo because I still have some Monarch left, and I find Monarch shoots slightly better than Wolf anyhow.  Furthermore, if 7.62X39 keeps going up and getting hard to find, I will be looking to unload my Norinco Sharpshooter SKS and my Americanized MAK-90.  I purchased both of those guns because Commie ammo was dirt cheap and plentiful.  Ten years later, it is neither cheap nor plentiful and I really miss the Norinco ammo that would go through anything.[/end rant]

I am also looking for .308 and .223, which both seem WAY easier to find than the ultra rare 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I will be there Saturday too.  Ammo guy, if you are reading this, I want you to know that I have cash for ammo!  

[begin rant]If anyone is selling Wolf 7.62x39 for more than $130/case, I will just have to do without that particular ammo because I still have some Monarch left, and I find Monarch shoots slightly better than Wolf anyhow.  Furthermore, if 7.62X39 keeps going up and getting hard to find, I will be looking to unload my Norinco Sharpshooter SKS and my Americanized MAK-90.  I purchased both of those guns because Commie ammo was dirt cheap and plentiful.  Ten years later, it is neither cheap nor plentiful and I really miss the Norinco ammo that would go through anything.[/end rant]

I am also looking for .308 and .223, which both seem WAY easier to find than the ultra rare 7.62x39.

talked to the ammo guy on the phone.. he's not really bringing much ammo. he's bringing 6 tables worth of guns, though.

quoted for 7.62 ~170/1000

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#4]
That was a big disappointment for ammo.  $179 for a case of Wolf at one table, and he sold out within the first three hours.  Another table had WWB for $250/1000 rounds, what a rip because I can get them cheaper at Academy when they have it in stock.

Speaking of Academy, which one of you beat me to the Monarch 7.62X39mm?  I was going to grab another 500 rounds after the gunshow, and the Academy in Lafayette was all sold out.

EDIT:  One guy selling Wolf 7.62x39 really pissed me off at about 11:00 AM.  I asked him how much for a case, and he said to make him an offer because he almost sold out and only had two cases left.  I told him if he couldn't tell me a price, I wasn't going to deal with him and moved on.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That was a big disappointment for ammo.  $179 for a case of Wolf at one table, and he sold out within the first three hours.  Another table had WWB for $250/1000 rounds, what a rip because I can get them cheaper at Academy when they have it in stock.

Speaking of Academy, which one of you beat me to the Monarch 7.62X39mm?  I was going to grab another 500 rounds after the gunshow, and the Academy in Lafayette was all sold out.

EDIT:  One guy selling Wolf 7.62x39 really pissed me off at about 11:00 AM.  I asked him how much for a case, and he said to make him an offer because he almost sold out and only had two cases left.  I told him if he couldn't tell me a price, I wasn't going to deal with him and moved on.

I picked up 800 rounds and left 500 rounds behind at academy yesterday. There were quite a bit of AR parts at the gun show today. I passed the table at the far and with the business name "Clips-R-Us" I immediately thought of the mag nazis on arfcom  Bought a few things at the show, nothing special.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I picked up 800 rounds and left 500 rounds behind at academy yesterday. There were quite a bit of AR parts at the gun show today. I passed the table at the far and with the business name "Clips-R-Us" I immediately thought of the mag nazis on arfcom  Bought a few things at the show, nothing special.

Now there is nothing wrong with us being mag nazis.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yeah, but the clips r us guys were WAY overpriced on some of their stuff.  With the deals that 44mag.com has, why even bother picking up AR mags at a gunshow?

I too was impressed with the selection of AR parts at this show.  Mr. Vaughn from Essential Arms in Krotz Springs was there and had just about everything you could think of regarding AR-15 parts.  I purchased a selector for my younger cousin who was having issues with his.  All is good after replacing it!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Clips R Us wanted $35 for Compact EAA Witness clips, luckily I bought  Witness Mags off of CDNN for $15. They work just as well
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but the clips r us guys were WAY overpriced on some of their stuff.  With the deals that 44mag.com has, why even bother picking up AR mags at a gunshow?

I too was impressed with the selection of AR parts at this show.  Mr. Vaughn from Essential Arms in Krotz Springs was there and had just about everything you could think of regarding AR-15 parts.  I purchased a selector for my younger cousin who was having issues with his.  All is good after replacing it!

Quoted:
Clips R Us wanted $35 for Compact EAA Witness clips, luckily I bought  Witness Mags off of CDNN for $15. They work just as well

If ya'll would have saved your money, ya'll could be buying some of my mags tomorrow. $15 per loaded 30 rounder
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:11:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Save me a couple of those Center Industry mags WJW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top