Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/1/2006 5:18:21 PM EDT
This was my face with all the positive responses I had from the interest email.

I still havent heard from about half of the 28 people I have on the official roster, but had
more than enough to start a thread.  As of 03/11/06 I have the following responses:

A_free_man.....Maybe
BigAL.....Likely
TheBaldAvenger...MIA
GlockGuru.....MIA
CalvaryJim.....Yes
SkiandShoot.....Likely
CajunMojo.....Yes, but still a PUSSY
Szurgot.....Yes
Zack3g.....Yes
HuggyBro.....MIA
PulpSmack.....Yes
LA_confederate.....MIA
ProfessorChaos.....No
TooTall.....MIA
BuckMaw.....Yes
Voncoz....MIA
Brian_45.....Yes
Ronnie66.....Yes
TheMaddMan.....maybe
SmurfsGoneWild.....No
eWRXshun.....MIA
Whatsthedotonmychst4.....No (my new favorite screenname)
soldierforhire.....Yes
ratfusion.....Yes
gunz4me.....maybe
meauxcg......Yes
wjwill.....Maybe

I was thinking about 1:00.  That will give the hunters a chance to clear out, church goers like me can love their Jesus and hethans can work off their hangover.

We should have the current holder of the sought after competition trophy on hand for this one
to defend his title.   For those of you who are not familiar with this, it is the Stanley cup of shooting.

Besides the normal 5.56/.223 goodness, we will have 9mm goodness and rumor has it BELT FED goodness.  Dont forget your sidearms, and bring along any other rifle you may want to shoot and share.

Hey BigAL, you want to carpool....eh, nevermind.

Szurgot
Logistics Extraordinaire

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#1]
woo-hoo a beltfed that will be interesting .in in for sure just ordered some more 223.might need to order more ammo. this will be my first shoot with all of arf.com guys.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I think i might be able to go.  Depends on if i have to work or have any ROTC obligations...
Plus, i might need some help with my M14S.  I can zero an M16 but i just dont get how to do my m14S.  Oh well...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#3]
One of these days I am going to make it out there.  It just sucks that I have been working weekends lately.  The good news is that I will either get another employee to work in my department, or things should slow down in May.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm most likely coming with soldierforhire.  Just got my midlength finished, which will be coming with me, naturally.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:40:39 AM EDT
[#5]
As long as work doesn't get too crazy, I'm in.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:58:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm in.

Anyone want to carpool from Baton Rouge?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:14:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm in.

Anyone want to carpool from Baton Rouge?

Dont forget you have the HONOR of coming up with the next competition.

I may be in for a carpool, just dont pull a BigAL.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#8]
It's not my fault those damn subdivisions all look the same.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#9]
barring any unforseen circumstances,

I CAN ACTUALLY MAKE THIS ONE

Going home either tuesday, wednesday or thursday. Will be in for this shoot, unless something really bad happens.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
barring any unforseen circumstances,

I CAN ACTUALLY MAKE THIS ONE

Going home either tuesday, wednesday or thursday. Will be in for this shoot, unless something really bad happens.

I just fainted and cracked my head on the coffee table.  I hope on will be lucid for Sunday.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#11]
will be thier for sure this time.ratfusion is riding with me.............have guns will travel ,my little lady picked up my springfield xd today for me.all in time for my birthday .woo-hoo need to to shoot the ptr anyway.and try out the new pistol.now on what else to bring.bryan
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#12]
The Maddman had a good suggestion and since it seems we will have a good turnout on the 12th to try it out.

His idea was to have a face to face EE of sorts.  So if you want bring any parts, gear, guns, etc. you want to trade or sell.  If you want you can list some of the things you have available here and them bring them to the shoot.  All NFA rules apply.

Who runs barter town?

I DO BITCH!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#13]
in regards to the FTF EE..

Anyone has a decent AK type rifle they wanna get rid of, bring it along, I'd like to see it (along with mags, ammo, accessories etc).  

Also interested in a 20" upper, flat top preferred, but A2 would be okay.

anyone with extra 5.56/.223 ammo that wants to sell some, bring that too.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#14]
hey zack i have a ak-74 sar-2 been thinking of selling ,no canted sights g2 fcg and 4 bakelite mags ,let me know if you want me to bring it,if not i will sell it on the net.i want 450.00 for it. let me know bryan
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
hey zack i have a ak-74 sar-2 been thinking of selling ,no canted sights g2 fcg and 4 bakelite mags ,let me know if you want me to bring it,if not i will sell it on the net.i want 450.00 for it. let me know bryan

I was thinking more of 7.62 instead of the 5.45, but, if you'd be willing to bring it and let me run a few through it, I might change my mind

after looking at the prices for that ammo, i'm definitely interested.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#16]
consider it done my friend i have a few rounds of ammo i can bring so you can shoot it.would rather sell it  this way so i dont have to worry about shipping it any way see you at the shoot.bryan
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:41:40 PM EDT
[#17]
The EE thing sounds cool!  I don't have any parts, so I'll bring cash instead.  I might even have a new toy by then.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Grr..everywhere i look has great prices on the 5.45, but it's out of stock, for months. Any ideas where I could pick up some ammo for that gun? I wanna get a couple hundred rounds to run through it, maybe more if i decide i want it
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#19]
yea the same things goes for 7.62 ,thier iis supposed to be a big shipment  of 5.45 and 7.62 coming in soon .sportsmansguide will be getting in a bunch of it.i have some i can spare that i was saving i will bring some extra if you like. zack i dont know if you remember me but i  went shooting with you and cajunmojo at sherburne 1 time ,you shot my ptr-91 .your were bumping your ar like crazy that day. bryan
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
yea the same things goes for 7.62 ,thier iis supposed to be a big shipment  of 5.45 and 7.62 coming in soon .sportsmansguide will be getting in a bunch of it.i have some i can spare that i was saving i will bring some extra if you like. zack i dont know if you remember me but i  went shooting with you and cajunmojo at sherburne 1 time ,you shot my ptr-91 .your were bumping your ar like crazy that day. bryan

yep i remember. the range nazi came over and shut us down. then we sat there and Bsed for an hour or two. that was a good day at the range.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Alright!  I just went to Academy looking for some more Q3131 and it was all gone!  Which one of you fuckers beat me to it?!

I did pick this up from the gun store today, though.  Carry pistol for the wifey.  She might even come out to the range with me next weekend as long as ya'll are ok with girls coming.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Alright!  I just went to Academy looking for some more Q3131 and it was all gone!  Which one of you fuckers beat me to it?!

I did pick this up from the gun store today, though.  Carry pistol for the wifey.  She might even come out to the range with me next weekend as long as ya'll are ok with girls coming.

members.cox.net/blarose1/Eclipse_Ultra_Carry.JPG

which academy, where? I'll be needing to get some 5.56/.223 before the shoot. That's one of the places I get my ammo from.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Academy has been out of Q3131A for as long as I can remember.  Nice kimber though.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Academy has been out of Q3131A for as long as I can remember.  Nice kimber though.

About a month ago, I bought the one in Lafayette out. Came to 1,000 rds exactly. I then proceeded to go to the range and burn most of it off with my neighbor.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Really?  I bought 400 rounds about two weeks ago from there (Academy on Seigen Lane).  You must have just been going right after I had left.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Must have.  I always check when I go, and the shelf has a layer of dust on it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#27]
This is my current "project gun".  I picked it up as shown over the weekend.  I just can't figure out what in the heck I want to do with this German G1 FAL except to replace the POS Bushnell "floating zero" scope.  It shoots good, and that stuff that appears to be rust in the photo, isn't rust (dang digital camera).

If I can make the shoot, I will bring it out there!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#28]
awesome fal i had a g1 kit last year and like a dumbass i sold it.probley will never find another now .not without paying a hefty price.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:07:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Gunz4me, definetely bring the FAL out if you come, I would love to take a shot or two.  I am a FAL virgin, be gentle.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Even though I'm from New Orleans, I would like to join ya'll. Send me an IM if ya'll have room.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Even though I'm from New Orleans, I would like to join ya'll. Send me an IM if ya'll have room.

IM sent
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm there dude!!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Looks like we'll have a pretty good turnout.  I hope that we have the range all to ourselves!  Both the wife and I am going to be there.  She has never shot an AR, so I am bringing extra ammo so that she can try a few others besides mine, if ya'll don't mind, of course.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:38:57 PM EDT
[#34]
all i am going to bring is my ar,my xd9mm ,jld ptr-91 .ak-74 ,yugo sks maybe ,and probly a 8mm mauser.and a mosin nagant of some sort.going to have 3 people with me so my surburban will be full.with guns and ammo .could bring more but it sucks loading and unloading all of that stuff in a apartment complex , try to keep prying eyes away .plus i have to hike it all upstairs .hope some 1 brings cameras ,i have a feeling this is going to be a good one.we will need pics for sure to show everyone .i will bring mine and my girlfrinds also.bryan
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:20:47 AM EDT
[#35]
On the EE idea, I am looking for about five 5.56 stripper clip loaders (spoons).  So if anyone has some extra they are not using please bring them along.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:16:37 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
all i am going to bring is my ar,my xd9mm ,jld ptr-91 .ak-74 ,yugo sks maybe ,and probly a 8mm mauser.and a mosin nagant of some sort.going to have 3 people with me so my surburban will be full.with guns and ammo .could bring more but it sucks loading and unloading all of that stuff in a apartment complex , try to keep prying eyes away .plus i have to hike it all upstairs .hope some 1 brings cameras ,i have a feeling this is going to be a good one.we will need pics for sure to show everyone .i will bring mine and my girlfrinds also.bryan

I'll bring my digital cam if i think about it. Doesnt have a very big memory card, though.

I'm going home tomorrow! YAY!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

All I am going to bring will be my Match AR and my HP40
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Both you guys had better bring some ammo too.  'Cause I aint sharin'.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Both you guys had better bring some ammo too.  'Cause I aint sharin'.  

I've gotta track down some 5.56/.223 before the shoot. I've got about 400 rounds, most of that already in mags. Need more. Much, much more.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
On the EE idea, I am looking for about five 5.56 stripper clip loaders (spoons).  So if anyone has some extra they are not using please bring them along.

You're in luck. I have a few stripper clip loaders from bandoleers I shot up.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:43:56 PM EDT
[#41]
i have about 1000 rounds of 223 my self,just ordered some of the guatamalen stuff from aim plus i allready had some of that adcom stuff left over.all the rest of my calibers i have plenty of.and i aint sharing shit . it s mine all mine.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
i have about 1000 rounds of 223 my self,just ordered some of the guatamalen stuff from aim plus i allready had some of that adcom stuff left over.all the rest of my calibers i have plenty of.and i aint sharing shit . it s mine all mine.

I feel the same way about my 223/5.56. It looks to be a getting pretty hard to find now and days, so i'll maybe shoot 3 or 4 mags when i go to the range.

As for my HP40, I'll drive rounds down range all day and then some.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm back PUSSY, put me down as a yes.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Not sure how much I'm gonna shoot either. Ammo situation is kinda hurting right now. It's not that I don't have any but I hate to dip into my SHTF stash.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Not sure how much I'm gonna shoot either. Ammo situation is kinda hurting right now. It's not that I don't have any but I hate to dip into my SHTF stash.

That is why I plan on shooting the 9mm more than the 5.56
Good deal on the spoons, I now forgive you for the carpool stand up.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Everyone make sure to bring an extra bottle of water..or a fire extinguisher.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is why I plan on shooting the 9mm more than the 5.56
Good deal on the spoons, I now forgive you for the carpool stand up.

Sounds good. If there is anything I have a lot of it's 9mm blasting ammo.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget the mag ya owe me
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:37:14 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I know you are, but what am I.

I am glad you wrangled your way into coming.  Hopefully the weather will be on our side.

I am a little worried I may not make it now.   My wife's grandfather isnt doing well, he is in the hospital and has the DNR orders.  With some luck, he will pull through and all will be well.

I feel real selfish, even thinking his funeral will mess up my weekend, but I want to shoot damn it.

So all you who believe in the power of prayer, his name is Tom McGloughlin.  So everyone pray, because if I cant go, the whole thing is off and everyone is forbidden from going.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget the mag ya owe me

How do I owe you one? I gave you one the last trip. I'm pretty sure you picked one, you dug through my center industries mags like you were picking ripe fruit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top