Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 9:53:55 AM EDT
Hi All,

I am attempting to remove the buffer tube from my stock Bushie lower to install a mil-spec tube. Whoever put this on must have loctited it or some such thing as I have literally BROKEN THE TEETH OFF OF AN RRA WRENCH trying to loosen it. In all honesty, I am at the verge of destroying my lower in pure frustration!!!! I have read through all the tutorials to try and get this done...no staking is visible..I've heated the nut to no avail.   HELP!!!

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I  would probably get a new nut and cut the old one off with a dremmel
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Exactly what I ended up doing!LOL
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly what I ended up doing!LOL

So was it fastened with loctite or just froze up?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#4]
action block
vice
stock wrench
small torch
mallet

= loosened nut
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
ahh yes.

i am convinced bushmaster has some gorilla on steroids putting those on with an impact wrench. i actually ripped the deck on my workbench last year trying to get one off. No reason in hell for that.

No worse than GrapeApe who works at Springfield putting the damn castle nut on M1A's....with an impac wrench.

SG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top