Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 1:27:55 AM EDT
Does anyone know the status of the Shoreline Park as far as cleanup?
Last I checked, I had 3/4 of someone elses house on one of my lots there and we're still going around in circles as to who has to deal with it.

Also, how's reconstruction going south of the tracks in Pass Christian/Long Beach or in the Old Bay St. Louis area?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:31:12 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Last I checked, I had 3/4 of someone elses house on one of my lots there and we're still going around in circles as to who has to deal with it.

Also, how's reconstruction going south of the tracks in Pass Christian/Long Beach or in the Old Bay St. Louis area?

All I can tell you is what I've seen on local news reports.  It looks like cleanup is taking a looooooooooong time.  There is no money, businesses or much of anything left in the really hard hit areas.  Town coffers are empty.  Some of the communities are even discussing merging to try and come up with some resources.  Apparently, the State and Federal folks aren't rushing in to help much either.

Hopefully some folks that frequent those areas will report in.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:52:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

You need to call FEMA and sign the "right of entry" forms immediately! They just closed Jackson County, but I suspect Hancock County is still open. By signing the "right of Entry" forms, FEMA will send in a contractor to clean of your property, trim and remove dead or fallen trees, etc.

I can't speak directly about Shoreline Park, but the cleanup and rebuilding has really taken off lately all along the coast.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:08:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to call FEMA and sign the "right of entry" forms immediately! They just closed Jackson County, but I suspect Hancock County is still open. By signing the "right of Entry" forms, FEMA will send in a contractor to clean of your property, trim and remove dead or fallen trees, etc.

I can't speak directly about Shoreline Park, but the cleanup and rebuilding has really taken off lately all along the coast.

core of engineers do a exelent job .. you need to call right now to get it done before the deadline for free you will have to sign a right of entery and what not also ..hell if i rember correctley they even prune the trees when the finish
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I spoke with some people today about the SP property and it seems like it won't be a big issue.
During the clusterfuck immediately following the storm, no one knew a damn thing so I just put off dealing with it.
So it ends well.
Hooray.

Anyway, if we have any from Long Beach/Pass area, i'd love to hear how things are going.

Also, with Long Beach having approved Condos before the storm and now the entire waterfront along Scenic Drive being raw land, does anyone know if the reconstruction theme in that area is going to be Antebellum's or is it going to be all Condos?

It would be disgusting to see the area turn into Condo hell.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I've lived in Long Beach my entire life. I stayed through the hurricane, and have not left since. Thank God I still have a house. Many do not. If you are from here, you would not believe the politics that are taking place. One specific former alderman got a multi million dollar no-bid contract....he hasn't even been out of office 3 months. This is obviously quite illegal, yet no one does anything. It's sad, really.Take care.

ETA - I know some business owners who they are making wait at least 18 months just to PULL A PERMIT to rebuild. They are obviously trying to purge those who are trying to rebuild, hoping they will go elsewhere. They want the land to be sold to developers. This information come from several current alderman......I have a feeling some will go to jail over the fraud that is taking place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top