Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 11:54:15 AM EDT
Did any of you guys read the story in the Sunday paper about the sniper from Double Springs? He is credited with a 1250 meter, one shot kill, with a M24 -308,  "It is considered a record for that weapon" as quoted from the paper, his unit was credited with killing 200 insurgents and he, a Staff SGT. was credited with 70. They were in Ramandi, Iraq,  keeping watch over roads traveled by convoys, and  taking out the bad guys planting IEDs His quote about the 1250 meter shot was "A blind hog gets an acorn every now and then".  Its a good story. I'm proud of all of our soldiers, and its good to read about a local guy like him. It was also on the front page, for all of you who can't see it. Front page news about a local sniper, killing the bad guys, is good news. On this occasion, +1 for the B'ham News.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:38:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent story about an American hero. Unusual for the commie rag to write something like that
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree,  I'm gonna watch the editorials, to see if someone complains about it, or the front page picture, (awesome, by the way).  I think it was a great story, and look at it as saving lives, rather than taking lives. I was impressed with the SSGT, and really admire him, and his attitude about it all.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/news/114034421994550.xml&coll=2#continue--------------This is the link,  could someone make it hot? I think everyone would like reading it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#5]
BeetleBailey, you are the man! I typed the link out to make sure it was correct, and it was a pain, Thanks A Bunch! I hope everyone reads it............Treeman
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#6]
A friend e-mailed me about this a couple of weeks ago, along with this graphic...

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
A friend e-mailed me about this a couple of weeks ago, along with this graphic...

i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/HardShell/RWB%20-%20General/DoubleSpringsSniper.jpg

Very cool! His Dad said he was one hell of a deer hunter, he said, if he could see them he could get them, always head shots.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:01:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Checked the paper this morning, still no editorials against the story. I can't believe a southside lib hasn't complained about it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:09:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow, That is really a great article!  

I just sent it to a bunch of my buddies.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#10]
If anyone knows how to move this article to another forum besides hometown, I think everyone would like reading it. IMO
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:55:23 PM EDT
[#11]
great article man and thank you for the link.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:14:43 AM EDT
[#12]
If you get this months Soldier of Fortune it's in there it was a great article, and I am sure a bit more in depth than the newspaper was.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:07:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm suprised it was in the newspaper at all, and on the front page. The Birmingham News had a center of the page picture of him, it was taken from the muzzle of the rifle, really good pic. I may get a copy of SF, I like to read about a local guy doing good.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:37:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Too bad there are no real trees in Iraq... Imagine what he could do from a good deer stand Got to love that no limit on tangos!!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:21:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for posting a link to that story.  I heard about it while I was at the gun shop the other day.  I've been trying to find someone with a copy that they hadn't gotten rid of yet with absolutely no luck at all.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#16]
No problem, I thought everyone would enjoy it. I've been waiting for the lib response in the paper, there were a few people complaining about it in Sundays paper, I didn't get to read what they said. There were two editorials in today's paper, that talked about the libs complaining.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top