Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 6:05:15 AM EDT
I don't care. Im going hunting after lunch. Cold weather means hungry coyotes. I've got my Colt Sporter II with a 14x scope and a magazine with 20 rounds of 62g soft points, 1911A1 with three magazines of FMJ, hunting knife, field pack with binoculars, survival equip ect, Predator electronic coyote call, and five mouth calls. My cold weather clothes are ready, I had two land owners come by restaurant yesterday asking when I'd get back out there. Wish me luck!

rk
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:39:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I got down to 13^ last night but we're sitting at a balmy 20 now.  With the sun out, light to no winds, you should be comfortable enough if you wear several layers.   Good luck with the Yotes.

Rick  

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#2]

I WANT TO HUNT COYOTES

Have gun, will travel.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#3]
They are everywhere Beetle. In Vestavia. I saw one in Hoover the other day. Get you a coyote call and find a friendly landowner. Probably some where you were tracking whatever this past fall.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey beetle, when I figgure out how to call them, we can go try and clear our farm of them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:52:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey beetle, when I figgure out how to call them, we can go try and clear our farm of them.

have many of them?   I haven't been to Sylacagua in a while,  I like it.  Did you get my IM?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#6]
No luck but had a great day, scouted/tracked all afternoon yesterday, if coyote shit were worth anything then I'd be rich, covered a lot of really isolated backwoods. Went out this evening and set up in spot located yesterday. Squirrels alerted at about dusk, started barking, could hear something moving in but it got dark. I was using an open reed coyote howler and a fawn bleat can.
I'll get the bastards. Beetle come on up sometimes. Huntsville isn't that far up. Notso, it isn't that hard. Just takes practice and time in the woods. But you won't ever clear them all out. They just keep on coming back.

rk

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:49:04 AM EDT
[#7]

How big are the tracks they leave?  I have been finding significant paw tracks along with the boar and turkey tracks that I keep seeing.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:16:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I read what yall had written yesterday about Coyotes.  

Was driving home last night, I cut through Mountain Brook to Avoid 280, and had a coyote run right in front of my truck.  Suprised the hell out of me.  I was right next to the Mountain Brook Golf Course.  Guess someone is going to be missing a pet sooner or later in that area!

Good luck hunting the YOTES!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:16:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Now, I know that the blue lboods our there frequent MArk's, so what's the deal?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#10]
They are at the Vestavia Hills Country Club golf course. I saw one on Patton Chapel Road in Hoover. They are everywhere.
Of course so are foxes, armadillos and deer
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#11]

I worked at Vestavia CC for nine years.  One morning we saw two adults and five pups at one time cutting across #1 fairway heading for the driving range.  This was about 2002.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:28:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Cattle Farmers in my area are beginning to keep  Donkeys in their pastures.  They tell me that a Coyote doesn't stand a chance if they enter the pasture and the Donkey spots him.  Urban Legend?

Rick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top