Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 9:34:16 PM EDT
I've invested (maybe foolishly) in a company based out of New Orleans call Phoenix Assoicates Land Syndicate.  The CEO is Paul Alonzo.  They also own companies called Heaslip Construction, Murphy Sand & Gravel, and Bayou State Trucking.  Anyone ever heard of any of this?  I'm getting that feeling between my shoulder blades on this stock (PBLS).
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:30:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I've personaly dealt with Murphy Sand and Gravel in South MS.  Same company.  They were straight up to deal with, and as a matter of fact, plan on using them to sure up a bulkhead at our office.  Never heard of some of the others though.  Did you do a google business search?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.  Struck out.  Called the company today.  They reorganized those units with similar sub companies post-Katrina.    PBLS is an interesting play.  New Orleans construction and materials plus progas, inc propane plus oil leases in multiple states.  It's a penny stock and not transparent.  It's at about 3 cents a share.  It could go to 50 cents easily - or zero.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:55:14 PM EDT
[#3]
are they related to murphy oil?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:58:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Their energy operations are Rome Oil & Gas and Progas, Inc.

Here is their website:  PPLS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top