Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 1:39:15 PM EDT
At the Shrine, of course, since the Civic Center is still a mess.

I'm meeting some friends there early tomorrow morning, before it gets crowded (which may not even happen at all, with deer season in full swing ).

Anybody else going?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:20:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I went yesterday.  I saw a couple of things I really wanted to take home.  

My friend got yelled at by one of the vendors for touching his guns.  He picked up the pistol and gently racked the slide.  The guy started yelling at him for trying to take his guns apart.  We both just stood there, thinking he was kidding.  After my friend said he was just racking the slide, the guy said "No you're not.  Why would you do that?  You're obviously trying to take the gun apart.  That's my gun.  Can you read?"

There was a piece of paper under the gun that said not to dry fire the any guns.  What we did not notice was the rest of the wording that said do not handle any guns without permission.  Maybe that was because it was being hidden by the gun on top of it?  I guess he should have kept reading after he picked up the gun, then put it right down.  I think it still would have been to late, as the dealer would have probably started yelling about him trying to steal the gun.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:30:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
... My friend got yelled at by one of the vendors for touching his guns...  

I can't stand guys like that... and I used to be a regular gun show vendor.  How many guns have you ever bought without touching/holding them first?  

This is the first gun show I can remember in years where I didn't come home with a new (to me) firearm.  Even if I don't go intending to buy anything, I usually at least trade something or make an impulse purchase.  This time, I went looking for a few specific items and didn't find any of them.  In fact, the only thing that tempted me in the least was a particular 1911... and my best friend talked me out of buying it.

All I bought Saturday was a replacement stock and some magazines...  I must be mellowing in my "old age."

But we had some really good food at Wing's afterward...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Why is the civic center a mess?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:19:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why is the civic center a mess?

Complete remodel with expansion - supposed to be ready next year (I'm skeptical) and very nice (I'm skeptical).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top