Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 1:38:14 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm considering moving to Birmingham.  How are the gun ranges there?  Any outdoor ranges, yardage, etc?   Avg cost to shoot at the ranges?  

Just some good gun shop/gun range info would be great.

Also, any duck hunting there?

Thanks for the info!!!  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not from Bham (actually I was born there but live in N ala now) but check this forum for "FOP" threads. I sold some decoys to a guy in the Tuscaloosa area- I think they hunt the Black Warrior tributaries. Up here in the Guntersville/Scottsboro area there are numerous clubs and people hunt the Tennessee River.

PS- anyone in the Marshall Co area is welcome to about a dozen Flambeau type mallards I have. They have cutouts on the back for some of the wobbler devices- have some of those as well and the mushroom anchors either attached or I can find some. Cleanin out the garage.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
FOP Range (foprangeinc-website) is a local favorite. Several 100 yd ranges. Full auto allowed. Several pistol sites. I pay about $10/ month for a membership.

One public range but have not been there.

No duck hunting. Have to go up around Decatur or down around Mobile. Other areas are generally private properties.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#3]
You couldn't be in better company.  Good selection of ranges

FOP - foprangeinc.com
Jeff County Sheriff range - http://www.jeffcotrainingcenter.com/
North B'ham indoor - http://www.alpistol.com/
Turkey Creek
& a few private ones (invitation only)
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Indoor range downtown near the airport. Pistol caliber only.

www.alpistol.com/
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#5]
theres a free range up in the hills, it's after  you pass some quarry....
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#6]
There's also the one at the Cahaba Wildlife Management area in Helena.

I've shot at the indoor range by the airport a few times and it's not too bad. You have to buy their targets but you can bring your own ammo. The lanes are VERY narrow, and rather poorly lit. The lighting isn't completely their fault, though. They get alot of jackasses in there who manage to shoot the lights out. How the hell do you shoot the ceiling in an "non-stressed" situation?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top