Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2005 5:31:39 AM EDT
Just getting into the AR world.....

Any good contacts in North Alabama??  Looking for good parts and mag sources.

Thanks to all

Jeff
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#1]
nope, you're too far north
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I feel so all alone......
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 2:29:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Morning, Larry's Pistol & Pawn is on North Parkway, lots of guns, but not specific to ARs. The only other gun store is Jcs on Jordan. He's way out of line on his prices. Other thn those there aren't any others I'm aware of. Best deals I know of are on the internet. The Blue/Grey gun club might provide more AR specific info. I live about 15 miles south of Huntsville, have a couple of ARs but my interest is mostly in Milsurps. Welcome to N. Alabama.

rk
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Jeff,
I live in Huntsville.  I buy most of my toys, parts, mags, etc. either from the internet, friend of a friend, or gun shows in Birmingham.  We usually travel to BHam in a pack of 3 to 4 and alternate who drives.  The gun show that Huntsville has now is not worth the time or gas.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome To north AL.........Get all your AR parts/assessorie online

GhostCat
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks to everyone so far.....

Lets review my personal experiences.....

Larry's--- Will NOT do any transfers, I was told "buy what we have".....   I was not happy. I will buy ammo there but thats about it.

JC's----  The "gunsmith" in there was full of good info. Wanted to charge $50 for transfer. I asked him to get me a quote to buy a complete RRA....have yet to get a call......I guess he wanted me to buy what was in stock...and over priced.

Wileys--- basically got the brush off. said they only stock AR's "in season"...hhmm     Wileys in Decatur offered to do transfers for $40....Huntsville said $50 because JC's charges $50....oh well.

Now the good news...I found a company in Huntsville/Madison that is very polite, does a lot of custom work AND is only going to charge me $20 for a transfer. These guys are close to my house and so far they respond to emails VERY fast and VERY polite.   I will keep everyone posted when I get my lower in .     http://www.tacarms.com

Jeff
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#7]
One of the Pawn Shop guys here in H'ville will also do transfers, dealer to dealer only. Right now I cannot remember which guy it is, but I'll find it and post.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the forum! I live in huntsville also, but have not had to do a transfer yet. What little parts and supplies I have  bought, I have gotten online.

Turbok
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the welcome. I've also gotten a guy out in New Hope to do transfers for me, as I didn't know anyone in H'ville that would. Next one I have done I'll try to do it in town so I do not have to drive out to NO hope.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#10]
JPH--    It's Bob's Pawn on Governors,,,,I just didnt feel very comfortable in there, maybe it was just the part of town.     Oh,,,I feel ya with the NO Hope....

Jeff
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:09:48 AM EDT
[#11]
At Bob's Pawn shop on Gov. drive ask for Dean Lee, he's done several transfers for me at $20.00. He will not do a transfer to a person, only a business. I have picked up several good deals there, are nice folks when you get to know them.

rk
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Hi All,

I am own a small part-time business in Elkmont Alabama. Elkmont is about 30 mins west of Huntsville and just noth of Athens. I pretty much do my work by appt only becasue we are so busy with our backlog work, but I should be able to help you all out with anything firearm related you need. I fell our prices and quality are about the best out there. We charge $20 for transfers.

You may have heard of us, we are the company working on the AR-15 PMT (Poor Mans Trigger) system.  We hope to have it for sale early in 2006.

Check out my site and feel free to email or call with any of your questions or problems. I don't get to post on here much because I am so busy with the shop so please email or call with serious questions. Tak Care.

Merry Christmas

Eric

www.elkmontarms.com

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Eric,  Not trying to take bidness away from you but...

If any of you that live in the North Alabama area and work either for the Gov't or contractor based at Redstone Arsenal or Marshall Space Flight Center, can join the on-base gun club.  The club FFL will do transfers for members for taxes only, no transfer fee.

The last 3 AR lowers I got were through this service.  Alas, I no longer work on a NASA contract (thank God).  The first one was via the FFL ordering, the last two were by me ordering via the phone and Visa card and me providing the FFL number they already had on file.  Pretty cheap and convenient.

Of course, if you don't work on the Arsenal, there's always Eric.

Good luck,

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top