Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2005 8:11:57 PM EDT
Kind of a long story.  I went back to my hometown this week (Bogalusa LA) to meet up with my uncle from SC.  I went to his house, which is my grandmas old house, sat and waited.

Now about 3 or 4 months ago, another uncle, who is the black sheep of the family, was living there.  This was until someone beat him so seriously that he is now bedridden in a nursing home.  We really don't know what happened, but to sum that up in my own opinion, you live by the sword, you die by it.

Back to a few days ago.  As I was sitting there waiting, I hear alot of cars pull around back, then a knock at the front.  It was my uncles parole officer, there to arrest him for his 6th DWI (he had no idea he had been assaulted).  He brought along a group from the Bham narcotics division, who along with other regular officers are helping to patrol the city because it's under martial law.  As we are talking one notices an AR15 of mine sitting against the wall behind me.  He raised his MP5 centermass at me, I told him it was mine and to go ahead and clear it.  About that time my uncle that owns the place drives up and someone drew on him, I didn't get a good look but it looked like a P90.

Anyway, everything ended fine, and I complemented the guy on the nice toy he had.  If anyone of you know any of these guys, or if any read this forum,
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Spooky!

I guess with Unc having periodic visits by his PO, and you not being on the deed to the place, no warrant needed to enter; they just "Come on down!"

No fooling around with an MP5 pointed at your chest; these guys obviously had the drop on you from their perspective, but what did they think you'd do with your piece against the wall and you jabbering with them? Seems like they were kinda jittery.

But, again, taken from their viewpoint, they must meet a lot of crazies, so I'd be jumpy too.

You did o.k. in my book. Dignity, honor, and truthfullness.

---Woody---
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top