Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 12:47:21 PM EDT
Just a little break fromall the bad/sad stuff...

Y'all may remember that, for my son's first birthday last year, I bought him his first rifle and a Life Membership in the NRA.

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=31&t=184817

I also decided at that time that I would buy him a new firearm every year on his birthday, starting out with youth model guns (the first he'll use, down the road) and progressing as he gets older.  Well, we just celebrated his second birthday this week.  I already posted another thread elsewhere about his party, cake, etc., but that was all a few days early - he got his 2nd gun on his actual birthday...

That tiny rifle is a Savage "Cub" .22 - a limited, numbered edition they made specifically for the Friends of NRA events.  It has a little bit nicer stock than average with an NRA medallion inlaid in the buttstock.  It also has a nifty little rear peep-sight - all in all, I'm pretty impressed with the little rifle.  That makes two .22 rifles for him so far (this "pretty" one and a much more utilitarian one {SS, synthetic} last year).  Unless there is a special FoNRA youth-model item for next year's events that catches my eye & changes my mind, for his third birthday he will probably get a Ruger Bearcat (an excellent first handgun, IMHO).
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Dang, the first one doesn't seem that long ago.  Congrats, Jr.!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:22:44 PM EDT
[#2]
That absolutely rocks, Hardshell.  I need to get on the ball with my kids, don't I?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:54:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I gotta hurry up and get me some kids......

That's awesome, man, just awesome.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I like that idea. It could get interesting if my first child is a girl...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#5]
My daughter just got her first semi-auto, a CX4 storm in .40.
Congrats, my friend.

P.S., she's 34.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top