Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 4:19:32 PM EDT
Just got back from the toyroom. Guys, I'm a very mellow person except when I have a coyote, cottonmouth, or vension in my gun sights. I have been cussed vehemently by idiots who never had a clue I had a gun in my hand as I smiled at them and walked/paddled away. But I just slowly and with the same careful deliberation I used when a Sp4 in Vietnam thirty five years ago loaded five thirty round magazines of AK ammo, chambered and safed one, then set the rifle with the four extra magazines in a central accessible location. I have always kept a double barrel 12 ga and a couple of pistols around the house strictly for HD, but I have a bad feeling. I sure hope this goes away in a few weeks.

rk
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#1]
While I share your concern, and have made similar preparations, I do think this will go away.  Perhaps I am being overly optimistic, but I do feel this will pass.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:38:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm certainly more aware of what's going on around me these days.  I'm now carrying some when/where I didn't before.  I'm also keeping more guns loaded in the house than I had been.

Rick  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:32:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree, guys.

For the time being, just ratchet up your  DEF-CON up a notch;

Then, time to time, look around to see when you drop it down.

Keep your guard up at nite.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top