Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2005 6:36:09 AM EDT
Has the mess going on in New Orleans changed your gun buying plans?  As some of you know, I'm currently without an AR15 due to losing it in a trade to my SIL.  It's still available for me to use, but it's not here in my house.

For the last couple of years, the guns I've bought have been in the "fun to have" category.  Mostly target type stuff, even the handguns I've bought have been purchased with the intention of using them for busting clays on the 100 yard berm on my trips to the range.

I do have a couple of SHTF guns but they're really not what I would want should the real deal hit us in my neck of the woods.

Therefore my plans now include to work towards getting myself a very portable & accurate AR15, and  a semi auto pistol in either 40S&W or 9MM.  I will also work toward getting a revolver, which is very easy to conceal, probably, a hammerless S&W Snubbie mosly likely in 357mag.  Plans will also include keeping on hand an ample supply of ammo, probably sealed in 50 cal ammo cans, which will be rotated on a regular basis.

I've never been a "Doom & Gloom" type guy, but I have now seen what happens when the crap does hit the wind-moving device & it's not pretty.

What are your plans for new guns?  I would imagine that most of you are already prepared?  I will be as soon as possible.

Rick

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:58:24 AM EDT
[#1]
ye, I may buy a scoped rifle that I just found for cheap.  I don't have one yet.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I have 2 glock 19's on their way to lake charles (as soon as I can find an FFL) that will allow me to arm my father and mother. They know how to use handguns, just always said "it will never happen to us." Well, when we left for the evac this time, my dad made fun of me for bringing my AR and a handgun. About 2 days ago, he said "damn glad you brought those guns and that ammo..."
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]
A good precision rifle is going to be next for me... I've got a lot of decisions to make about it, though. I did have plans to buy more fun guns before this happened. It looks like something more blue collar is next.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I just sold my Ruger .270 today and bought a Glock 27 for my backup gun while on patrol and also as my CCW gun on a regular basis. My .45 still goes with me everywhere, but it is kinda hard to conceal.

My next long gun purchase is going to be Mossin Nagant M38 in 7.62x54. A round that will be effective out to quite a distance. Ammo is cheap as I picked up 440 rds for 40 bucks today.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#5]
no new guns needed..........more ammo is on order though...........you can never have enough ammo
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:46:18 AM EDT
[#6]
makes me want to get working on the M4gery build that i've been putting off for 9 months now.

wish i never sold my XM-15 carbine and gotten a para-ord. tac-4.  just ended up selling that pistol and pocketing the cash.  that bushy was fun.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, the 9mm AR build I am working on will be put on hold while I support my in-laws who now have no jobs and a storm damaged house.

Sucks for me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Not really. More ammo tho.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, canceled my next gun for now, looking for a good generator instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top