Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 7:24:12 AM EDT

Well i am finally back online.

Safe from Katrina in baton rouge.

NOW there is a bigger problem. BR used to be a nice WASP safe, warm place. Not anymore.

I went to walmart 3 days ago to get cat food (only shtf food i didnt have) and was actually nearly fearful for my life. Looking at CCW after I get settled back in.

I am loaded out on ammo and firearms but i am having a problem. Lots of friends calling and asking for guns and ammo? how do I handle that situation?

Baton Rouge and Louisiana are never going to be the same.

Anyone lived in Reno or Las Vegas? thinking about a move.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

NOW there is a bigger problem. BR used to be a nice WASP safe, warm place. Not anymore.

I went to walmart 3 days ago to get cat food (only shtf food i didnt have) and was actually nearly fearful for my life. Looking at CCW after I get settled back in.

I am loaded out on ammo and firearms but i am having a problem. Lots of friends calling and asking for guns and ammo? how do I handle that situation?

Glad to hear you are OK.

As far as hand-outs...How good of friends? Can they handle 'em? What can you spare? Perhaps they could afford a $200 shotty/SKS? You know the folks and the sit better than me.

stay safe and Good luck.

Also, you are welcome here in TX, if you're lookin to move.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:57:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

How come they don't have their own guns & ammo? Are they shooters? If they are non-gun owners, giving them a gun could get themselves injured or killed?

I'm glad to hear that you're alright. I've been watching the streaming internet news from WKRP.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Why?  Details?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:34:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Glad to hear you're alive and well and as concerned about the security situation as I am here.  I'm definately getting my CCW as soon as I can.

Spares...well I have a spare SKS but i would only trust it to someone that shoots and knows how to handle it.  Use your discretion, but inform them that you aren't Jim Firearms and you don't have WalMart tatooed on your forehead.  They should have prepared beofre hand.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

PHX is booming right now..
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:27:20 PM EDT
[#6]
i'm in BR too.  2nd year LSU student from new orleans, dad's in texas, mom's in bossier city right now.  she's living it up eating at the officer's club w/ grandfather (career coast guard) at barksdale AFB haha.

keep getting people asking me to borrow weapons too but i don't have enough to go around.  

i'm probably going into jeff parish, if i can, on monday w/ some people and we'll all stick as a group.

stop by house one, get stuff, move to house 2.  all as a group, safety in numbers.  get out before dusk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top