Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 8:00:05 PM EDT
If we at Casa de Ninja can be of any assistance to a displaced family, *from this board and with children*, please IM me, we would like to help.  God bless, and lock and load.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I have heard radio commentators saying to be carefull about taking people into your homes as you know nothing about them.  That having been said, there are people that I know that I would not take into my home.  The pros recommend that help and aid be given thru agencies.  You can give money, food, clothing or even toys.  These are people that have nothing, so just about anything will help.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:30:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Your heart is in the right place, and God bless you for it.
The problem is that the few people I've dealt with (in a business sense) who are Katrina refugees are so totally messed up that they can't be helped- at least not by me. I don't know if they were worthless human beings before, or decent people turned bad by Katrina.... but please be careful.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:42:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, all VERY true and good advice.  That is why I ahve the caveats of *from this board* and *with children* before I'd even consider it.  In *no way* do I wish to contribute ANYTHING to the likes of what I see squirming about the "screets" of NO and BR and HO right now, so I'd like it if I could be of direct assistance to someone of a like mind and values set.  Note, as well, that I did not say I'd take ya into my house, I said assist!

I just want to help, but not the vermin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top