Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 6:25:05 PM EDT
After seeing the gas price increase rumor/report in the GA hometown forum, I filled up the truck this morning.
Went into town tonight and saw LONG lines at gas stations everywhere. I drive a little further, and see the reason why... gas pumps at multiple stations with OUT OF GAS signs on them. I'm 30 years old, so I didn't see the Jimmy Carter gas lines. It honestly made me feel a little uneasy to see it. Is everyone else in central AL seeing this happen, too?
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard rumors of rationing by distributors tomorrow. My brother went to a local statiuon and they were out of 87 oct.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I heard rumors of rationing by distributors tomorrow. My brother went to a local statiuon and they were out of 87 oct.

It is true.  I have a friend who runs a district of gas/conv. stores, and I got hte heads-up today that he has 8 stations outta gas, and a very low allocation level from their supplier.  The best time to buy gas is after midnight, if you have a station near you open at that hour, according to him.  I filled 2 trucks, a motorcycle and 6 5 gallon tanks tonight, and *many* stations near me were already outta gas.

It'll come back, folks, it's just a matter of time.  We will all be just fine, the sky, in fact, is *not* falling.  Pray for our friends who have REALLY been hurt, they are legion.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:39:47 AM EDT
[#3]
My brother lives near Atlanta and paid $3.29 a gallon yesterday afternoon.  He called to warn me of the pending shortage and I filled up everything I have at $2.49 as the price increases & panic buying had not set in here.  I imagine that will be a different story today.  

I remember Jimmy Carter's long gas lines, it wasn't pretty.

Rick
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:39:54 AM EDT
[#4]

A friend of mine said Selma stations are putting the limit at $30/person.  FWIW
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:04:05 AM EDT
[#5]
My youngest S-I-L said she couldn't find any stations locally (rural Hale County) with gas yesterday afternoon  - not even the farmer's co-op...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:27:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Local Lowes store got gas cans in, so I went and sat till they opened and got two and filled them this AM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top