Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2005 11:35:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:38:59 AM EDT
[#1]
No word from many members yet. It may be a long time until we hear from Mississippi Gulf Coat residents
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#2]
The Mississippi Gulf Coast is trashed.  Biloxi and Gulfport (as far west as I got during my disaster recovery efforts today) are wastelands south of the railroad tracks.  I may be without power here in Mobile, and I need a new roof, but those people over there need new lives.  A lot of them have lost everything, including their lives.  FEMA is estimating (at last I heard) over 300 dead on the Mississippi Gulf Coast alone.  Add in New Orleans, and this is gonna be grim.

Woody
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The Mississippi Gulf Coast is trashed.  Biloxi and Gulfport (as far west as I got during my disaster recovery efforts today) are wastelands south of the railroad tracks.  I may be without power here in Mobile, and I need a new roof, but those people over there need new lives.  A lot of them have lost everything, including their lives.  FEMA is estimating (at last I heard) over 300 dead on the Mississippi Gulf Coast alone.  Add in New Orleans, and this is gonna be grim.

Woody

Have you heard from Scott?  I hope he didn't stay in his mobile home.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Woody

Not a word yet.  My hope is that since he's a little further inland, and on the extreme east side of MS that he's okay.  I would expect that he's having to cut his way out of his property, and probably doesn't have phone or power.  If I knew how to get to his place, I would try to get by there and see, but he's never told me.  

Woody
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Woody

Not a word yet.  My hope is that since he's a little further inland, and on the extreme east side of MS that he's okay.  I would expect that he's having to cut his way out of his property, and probably doesn't have phone or power.  If I knew how to get to his place, I would try to get by there and see, but he's never told me.  

Woody

I've been there and I couldn't tell you how to get there.  It's out in the middle of nowhere.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#6]
(it was getting too long to quote)...

I have tried his number several times, but keep getting the BellSouth "your number did not go through" canned message.  Not surprised at all actually.  Maybe one day he will join the late 20th century and get a damn cell phone.....

Woody
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I'min CutOff, LA and our house was destroyed. Got most of our expensive stuff out when we left.

Will post pics when I can
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'min CutOff, LA and our house was destroyed. Got most of our expensive stuff out when we left.

Damn, Glad you're alive and very sorry to hear about the house. I guess its safe to say no more Fourchon either. Where are you now?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Damn. Sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:35:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Thats terrible news,  im very sorry to hear that... My prayers are with you and your family...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:07:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:36:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:14:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

If there's anything I can do from up here, holler!

Best wishes and prayers for you and all your neighbors.

Tim
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:17:20 AM EDT
[#15]

do you have somewhere to stay?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm near Jackson, MS  ... just got our power back a while ago. Many are still without power.

97% power outage in this area.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Got ours back early this morning about 130AM.  Skid is spot on with the power situation, especially in Jackson.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:22:41 AM EDT
[#18]
We're here and on our feet as best possible from south Mobile .
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:14:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
We're here and on our feet as best possible from south Mobile .

Do you have water in your home? What's your situation?

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:45:49 AM EDT
[#20]
water yes, got power last nite late.....my family is fine. still have food.....short on gas, like everyone
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
water yes, got power last nite late.....my family is fine. still have food.....short on gas, like everyone

I hope the water damage wasn't too bad... My dad's house was relativly high, on a hill.

My dad will be glad to hear power is being restored nearby!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:05:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Prayers sent ot you all.
Wood, glad to hear its only a roof you need and that you are safe.
LArifleaman, I am sorry to hear of your loss. If there is anything we can do, just ask.

I wish I was closer and could be of some help.
CH
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Just checking in guys...south Mobile here...still no power almost a week now....

Tried to call several members in MS...no response yet and cannot get thru.

I m alright here with a lot of banana trees and orchard damage and some minor damage to house.

I am using the BioMed library @ college to go to the internet...Godspeed!

Glad to hear you are alright Mike and Woody, tried calling Scot also but could not get thru.

Gotta go...and will check back later.

Godspeed everyone!

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Just checking in guys...south Mobile here...still no power almost a week now....

I m alright here with a lot of banana trees and orchard damage and some minor damage to house.

Glad to hear you are alright Mike and Woody, tried calling Scot also but could not get thru.

Godspeed everyone!

Glad to hear you're ok.  I got your message on my phone.  I didn't get off work until after 11pm.  The Infirmary is extremely busy these days with the influx of patients from LA, MS and other local hospitals.  Hopefully we'll be able to move some of them to other hospitals up north to reduce the stress.  I haven't heard from Scott and I don't think Woody has either.  I'll let you guys know if I do.

Take care!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:00:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I am sorry to hear this. My prayers go out to all of you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:34:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Godspeed everyone!

Glad to hear you're ok.  I got your message on my phone.  I didn't get off work until after 11pm.  The Infirmary is extremely busy these days with the influx of patients from LA, MS and other local hospitals.  Hopefully we'll be able to move some of them to other hospitals up north to reduce the stress.  I haven't heard from Scott and I don't think Woody has either.  I'll let you guys know if I do.

Take care!

all is good here....yes i had to cut my way into my driveway...have to go to mobile to get gas and food ...only damge is my pumphouse and trees and a little water damage in living room n the place in the country..my aunt lost everything..."nothing but a slab of concrete left in pascagoula" dad is ok in gautier ...the 5 houses in front of him are completeley gone  "just a slab also" the one in front of him blocked the waves comming from the gulf from him and knocked a tree onto his roof....water came within a inch and a half from his door buyt he is good with just the roof damage and also his back door is broke..."glass door"  south ms is gone south of the railroad tracks...most of them have water damage wind damage both or nothing left...gautier recived power to the north end last night as well as vancleave....."all of highway 57"  and also i recived phone service today but couldnot get on the net till tonight..i will try to get some pictures to post sometime soon if possible of damage to my dad's house ..he was very lucky and quite blessed...my sister lost her house nad their 2 cars and my stepmom "dumb bitch" left her brand new mustand to get flooded under by 17 ft of water cause she didnt feel like driving......well god speed and if anyone needs help in the gautier os vancleave or mobile area let me know.....scott
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Very sorry to hear that let us know of any aid you may need. good luck and stay safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top