Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2005 8:21:17 AM EDT
Power went out last night came back on this morning. And now that things are clearing up the cable goes out.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Other than that, everything fine on the homefront?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep. This one was worse than the last one that hit.

Still somewhat windy. My folks live about 45 miles north of Montgomery and they only had their power flicker some.

The X who lives about 10 miles from my folks called me and said they kept power all night. Just a lot of wind and rain.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Just went for a ride. Probably more trees down in this one than the last two that came through.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:11:58 AM EDT
[#4]

We lost power mid-evening and regained it this morning after I left for work.

Sleeping in an 85º-90º degree house bites.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I lost power around 10 am yesterday and Alabama Power is telling us it may be 8 days before they can reestablish power.  I have no power, no water and no tv.  Luckly I work at a hospital and was able to get a shower before work today.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Power didn't even blink here in Montgomery, it wasn't bad at all, but for a local tornado or two.

I have family in Mobile that already has power back on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top