Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 7:05:02 PM EDT
I was out shooting my Makarov and I believe I was shooting BAD AMMO.
I was shooting it and all I would hear was a small BANG and alot of smoke. Not realizing what was happening, I kept shooting. It turns out, the bullet was getting stuck in the barrel and the next round would blow it out......I know this is very dangerous but I really didn't know what was happening......Finally the slide got stuck in the rear position. After talking to people online, they told me my barrel is bulged and needs to be replaced.
I have a new barrel to put on it but I haven't a clue how to remove a barrel and put a new one on.
I need a gunsmith who can do this for me. Prefereably in the North AL. area.
Any ideas?????

Thanks,
GhostCat
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#1]
GC,  check your IM for info I'm sending you on a local gunsmith.

Rick

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:20:05 AM EDT
[#2]

HOLY CRAP!

What kind of ammo were you using?  Was it you first time shooting the Mak?  I vote ammo too, my MAk has run 100% since purchase.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:50:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Ghostcat, bring it on by.

rk
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks axl.....I think I'll take you up on that.
When is a good time to swing by?......I get off work around 5:30pm and could be at your place at 6:00pm........or I'm off work WED. and THURS. if those days would be better for you.
I'll bring your book back as well........

Thanks,
GhostCat
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:28:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Any day is fine,  I coach the drill team and color guard, practice is over by 4:30, I'm usually home by five or shortly thereafter. If I'm not home just go on up to house. Lawnmower and weed eater are in the garage, gas is in small red can. Weedeater mix is marked. Dogs are friendly, the big lab loves to catch a frisbee. It's in my dodge truck. Wife is on a furniture rearrangement fixation, watch out.

rgg
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#6]
LOL.......Are ya sure you don't want me to dig some post holes for a fence?.........LOL.....

Sounds good.....I think I will wait until WED. evening and bring the wife over.....She can run the Lawn mower while I weed eat.......LOL.

See ya WED. evening.......

GhostCat
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Wed is great, bakery will be open until six, show up early and we can sit in the parlor, drink coffee and act like civilized people until we can sneak off to the play room.

rgg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top