Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2005 4:47:27 PM EDT
I have a M1 Garand .308, S&W 4" 66-1 .357 and a Colt 4" Anaconda 44 that I'd like to sell locally.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Prices?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Taking offers
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:11:13 PM EDT
[#3]
IBTBS
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:35:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
IBTBS

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:14:01 AM EDT
[#5]
IBTBS as well.
While I understand the reason that threads like these are moved to their special place (to avoid board clutter, etc.)... I have to confess that I love being able to read the FTF in AL ones here in the Hometown section.

Now, if only we could post about FTF bartering in the Hometown section, I'd be a happy man.

Farewell, sweet illicit sale thread. We hardly knew ye.

-Hobbit
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:54:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Let's consider this. I am trading, buying ect all the time. Have two pistols right now I'd like to send on down the line. There should be a way we could do this in a local forum. Suggestions? Not as if things are overloaded here anyway.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#7]
AXL- I'm all for it. There's a laundry list of stuff I'd like to buy/sell/trade FTF, at the FOP shoots, etc. I just know that it's been taboo in the past.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#8]
agree
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I’d like to be able to meet people that I deal with. Meet up at a range, inspect the item and even try it out. How do you really know if the new hot item this month is any good or if you like it or not.
How may people have bought different items only to shoot the less than 50 rounds and then sell it?
I bought a Desert Eagle, shot it, hated it and sold it. If I had the chance to try it, I’d never bought it.  Maybe if we do not set any prices and work out something at the range, this could work.
Wouldn’t it be great to try out something and say it’s nice but I really don’t like it.
And if you do like it, then work out a deal there.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I’d like to be able to meet people that I deal with. Meet up at a range, inspect the item and even try it out. How do you really know if the new hot item this month is any good or if you like it or not.
How may people have bought different items only to shoot the less than 50 rounds and then sell it?
I bought a Desert Eagle, shot it, hated it and sold it. If I had the chance to try it, I’d never bought it.  Maybe if we do not set any prices and work out something at the range, this could work.
Wouldn’t it be great to try out something and say it’s nice but I really don’t like it.
And if you do like it, then work out a deal there.  

That's EXACTLY it! It's just not feasable to do so in an area as big as the EE.

-Hobbit
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I got Rick03A3 to hook up with two friends and me a few weeks back, his interests in guns are different than mine, we spread them all in the back of a truck and fired whatever we wanted.. Now I have experience with a .357 sig and 10mm I would not have had, he liked my Beretta .40 and .44 mag. But we didn't trade. No problem. But we did get to handle, load, and shoot guns we had not tried before. FTF deals with a handle, function, and maybe even shoot before you buy with open options going in and out are much better, Then there is no C&R/FFL transfer, records, and you get to meet other local gun people. My horror story was with a flintlock.  walked out of the gun storre after dropping $325 for gun and accessories. I sold the damn thing a two weeks later for $75. If I had ever tried one I would not have bought it.

rg
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I have two 4” revolvers, Colt 44 Anaconda and an S&W 357 if anyone is interested in trying them out. I even have a FN Herstal 5.7 that you can try, but it’s not for sale. This is what I’ve converted to and if you try it, you might also do the same. Prices on the ammo is high right now, but like everything else, it will come down soon. I’ve found an indoor range off of I59/I20 Tallapoosa street exit that is pretty decent. $10 + targets. I also have the 308 M1 Garand and a post war 8mm German Mauser you can try if anyone knows of an out door range to go too. The last one I used has closed down for repairs for over six months. I have plenty of ammo for everything except the 44 magnum. Just send me an IM on when and where you’d like to get together if you’re interested in trying something new.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:40:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:44:43 AM EDT
[#14]
repost in the EE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top