Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2005 7:35:51 PM EDT
hey fellas, looks like this Texas boy will be in AL for a while. I just finished WOCS and now I'm in flight flight school at Ft. Rucker. I'm going home for 10 days TDY to retrieve all my household goods. I was planning on bringing my safe along with all of my playtoys, but I don't think that's gonna happen for a while. However, I will bring a few. I'll be living in Enterprise. So, where's some good places to shoot in the Dothan/Enterprise area. Also, what are some good gunshops? The thing that ticks me off is that AL doesn't accept my TX CHL. Can I apply for a CHL? Also, it would be great if yall could feel me in on any other info. I've been kinda cut off from the civilian world for a bit. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 10:53:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The thing that ticks me off is that AL doesn't accept my TX CHL. Can I apply for a CHL?

Alabama has a reciprocity law regarding concealed carry permits.  If Texas would just accept Alabama's permit, Alabama would accept Texas'.

Will Alabama be your permanent residence?  If not, I don't believe you can apply for an Alabama pistol permit since there is no non-residence permit available.  Pistol permits are issued at the discretion of each counties Sheriff.  You'll need to check with them.

Welcome to Alabama!
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 5:18:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Dothan is halfway to Panama City no matter where you are.  That's all you need to know.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#3]
USPC40, thanks for the info. I agree, why can't the two work something out?

Quoted:
Dothan is halfway to Panama City no matter where you are.  That's all you need to know.

I know, that is sweet. I know where I'm going on passes.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Get you an AL DL and apply for a permit.
Generally fill out a 3x5 card and $20.

Make sure you visit the museum at Ft Rucker.
They also have or did have a sniper school there
twice a year.

Dothan is a nice town not a whole lot to get into there. Some college girls.
Troy has a some college girls also.

Montgomery is about an hour and half away. Nearest big town to get into some stuff would be
Columbus GA, then Bham.

But I would head south to the Florida pan handle area.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 2:55:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Will Alabama be your permanent residence? If not, I don't believe you can apply for an Alabama pistol permit since there is no non-residence permit available.

I dont think you will have a problem. In the past I was able to get clients that lived out of state but, worked In the state CCW's. Being assigned to the state by Uncle Sam, you SHOULDN'T have an issue.
You will be living and working in the State.

If Texas would just accept Alabama's permit, Alabama would accept Texas'.

Wish it would happen too. I doubt it will anytime soon though. Being Texas has a longer, more indepth proccess than Alabama is the sticking point to that.

Welcome to 'Bama!
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 6:56:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the info guys. Bama-shooter, I'll keep my ears open and see if I hear anything about that sniper school. I don't know if I'd have time to do it, but it definitely sounds interesting. By the way, I hear Cowboys is the place to go in Dothan?
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 7:12:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for all the info guys. Bama-shooter, I'll keep my ears open and see if I hear anything about that sniper school. I don't know if I'd have time to do it, but it definitely sounds interesting. By the way, I hear Cowboys is the place to go in Dothan?

I don't know a lot about the night life in Dothan. I've been to one bar there its right off 231 before you come into town heading south. Plus several of the restraunt bars there in town. They do have a Harley store. Dothan is growing fast.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 7:20:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Wecome, Sharpshot!

Ever since visiting Texas a couple of years ago I've said that if I had to live anywhere but my Sweet Home Alabama, it would be Texas (I have strong historical/family ties to Texas).

I hope everyone here treats you well enough that you end up with feelings reciprocal to mine!

Link Posted: 3/9/2005 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks HardShell
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:55:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to AL,  I IM'd ya some info you may find useful.  Good luck, and good flying.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:58:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Welcome to AL,  I IM'd ya some info you may find useful.  Good luck, and good flying.

Welcome, Weasel.  Now make it to an FOP shoot!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:51:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome, Weasel.  Now make it to an FOP shoot!

Where can I get some info?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Got your IM Wildweasle, thanks for the info! I'd like to make it to some shoots too once I get settled in and get some time on my hands.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top