Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2004 4:28:12 AM EDT
Guys,
     I wanted to let you know about a new Performance Carbine class scheduled for December 11th & 12th at the South River Gun Club in Conyers, Georgia.  Conyers is on the east side of Atlanta, right along I-20.  Here is some quick information concerning the class.

Performance Carbine Class

This is a new twist on the traditional rifle class. It will blend IPSC 3-gun speed shooting techniques and applications with the practical and tactical use of the .223 carbine. The goal of this class is to significantly increase the ability of the student to minimize threat engagement times and maximize your critical hit potential. Emphasis will be on Close Quarter Battle (CQB) techniques. Engagement distances will vary from contact distance to 50 yards. This is not an introductory rifle class. This is an advanced level class. Students will be expected to have their rifles zeroed and all ancillary equipment setup and ready to go. If you have doubts about your qualifications for the class, please contact me and we’ll discuss your situation. Some of the topics covered are:

-CQB Philosophy
-Proper, real world mindset
-Discussions of various CQB rifle configurations and accessories
-Optics
-Back-up Iron Sights (BUIS)
-Reloading techniques (Emergency, Tactical)
-Proper CQB weapon mounts
-Sling selection
-Various hand held and rifle mounted lights
-Various speed shooting techniques
-Confined space shooting techniques
-Transitions to second and third level weapons
-Failure Drills (Threat and Optic)
-Low-light target engagement
-Low level weapon retention techniques

Many more topics will be covered. This will be a two-day school consisting of 10-12 hours per day. Approximate round counts for the class will be 1000 rifle and 300 pistol. Cost is $300 plus $25 dollar range fee. Class size is limited so please register early. If you have any other questions or would like to register for the class, email me and I will get you a class announcement and a registration form, which contains all of the class information and requirements. Thanks for your interest and I look forward to seeing some of you in the class.

I intend on making the group shoot at the FOP range this weekend. Please feel free to approach me if you have any questions about the class or for some free advice or tips with your shooting.

Thanks,
VSP
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:29:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Still some slots available.

VSP
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Mike,
    Thanks, I appreciate the help.  Unfortunately, my Grandfather died this morning and I'll be out of town until next week.  I won't have access to the registration forms until then.  As soon as I get back into town, I'll send them to you.  Thanks again.

VSP
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:46:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top