Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 7:22:41 PM EDT

Did I just here the lady on Fox 6 say the ban on automatic weapons was ending?  I need a transcript.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't watch it, but most of the media doesn't even have a clue as to what their bitchin' about anyway.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:08:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen horribly incorrect statements about the AWB coming from all news sources the past few days - including FNC and ESPECIALLY the local news

It's bad enough that they don't know enough to report it correctly... but IMO it's even worse that they don't care.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:10:26 AM EDT
[#3]

I just watched the FOX 6 coverage.  They had one of the officers who was involved in the SKS shooting.  They mentioned that it was not included in the ban but was not very clear about it.  If I hadn't been listening for it, I would not have heard it.  I tried to call them and enlighten them but could never get through.

CBS 42 was even worse last week.  I just saw a women on MSNBC say that we would wake up tomorrow to streets full of terrorists and choldren with uzis...I guess I had better get ready to move to Canada.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#4]
33/40 offered to interview me when I picked up my new LEO marked Colt AR15A@ Carbine but I refused. Told them I did not want crooks to know I had guns and they liked that. Off camera, I educated her and showed differences on pre, post, and no-ban guns and mags. Showed he AK's that she could have bought Sat. She saw me buy and was surprised I could walk out with it but I explained Brady Bill and she liked. She was surprised. Tom, Gun Cellar, said a few things and showed differences in AR15's. Said some things about drugs and will be interesting if this makes news.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Yeah, Tom told me he talked to them.  That's cool that you could too.  You think it will be on tonight?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#6]
It was on at 6:00. They showed me picking up my new Colt Government AR15A2 from Tom. I was smart enough to give him a check Saturday, dated today, to get the only LEO gun he had. He referred to that in interview. He told me people were coming in and calling looking for them but I bought the only one he had.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#7]
BeetleBailey,

You heard right, and I got really excited to learn this morning on FOX6 news, stated by Rick Journey,  that the ban on "AUTOMATIC" assualt weapons expires at midnight tonight - which I took to mean that I could go right out and buy all I wanted = yeah right.

Which brings me around to when I called a Mr. Shapiro, station manager. I called to ask and then complain as to why they used CNN for their national news segment during the morning news.  He explained that CNN had better National and International news stories.  I asked was he in training for employment at CNN.  This conversation took place back in the spring when CNN was all over Bush and his national guard record and implying that service in the national guard was not really service.  I stated to Mr. Shapiro that NG units did serve in Nam and with distinction!  

I also advised that I would not be watching and that I would complain to Fox in New York, which I did.  Left them a voice mail, NY that is, and never heard from them.

I noticed this morning the the CNN reporters would identify themselves by name but not reference CNN until I noticed that one was standing in front of a CNN background.  

Too bad for Fox News in Birmingham,
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:38:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I was disappointed at just how anti-gun and uninformed the local news media was.   But, it really should not have supprised me, as I have been to other events that they reported on, and what they reported was totaly wrong.  I just keep wondering how they still have a job.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#9]
This gem was in the Montgomery Advertiser over the weekend:  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top