Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2004 6:32:44 AM EDT
Hey guys, I'm thinking about taking a job in Birmingham. 1st, how are the gun laws? 2nd, how is life in general in Birmingham? Things like crime, taxes, cost of living and the damn politicians. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 6:49:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Gun laws? What gun laws?

Only laws I know of is the CCW permit requirements.

As for crime, some parts are worse than other, but on the most part not too bad IMO.

Who might you be working for, If you can say.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen nine states and can honestly say that Bama is the best.  Know which area you're moving into first.  Anything north of Fultondale, South of Hoover, or west of Center Point is ideal.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 1:51:58 PM EDT
[#4]
First, thanks for the info guys. Second, if all goes as planned, I'll be working for US Steel. IF. I haven't looked for a house yet. Figured I'd get an apartment and then figure out where I want to live after seeing it all.  Speaking of that, how are house prices? I was thinking of getting back to the country life and commuting. God I hate that term. I'm a "commuter", next I'll be driving a damn Volvo.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey!  The house next door to me is apparently for sale, if not that one, there a couple in my neiborhood for sale!  

Or you could get my dad to build you a house!
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 8:26:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm supprised that US Steel is hiring.  I know that Bush restricted steel imports and then lifted the rescrictions.  Things must have changed in the steel market.  At one time that mill was on the verge of shutting down.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Well things did not go as planned, so I won't be moving to the area. Which sucks, I hate Virginia. Oh yeah, the job was an electronics tech. take it easy out there.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Sorry it didn't work out for you.  Just remember we've always got a place for another 2nd Amendment enthusiast here though!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#10]
You should look at the Huntsville/North AL area for a job - high tech, low cost of living, highest standard of living in the state.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks I'll look into it. Now it looks like IL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top