Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2003 1:55:50 PM EDT
I'm thinking of taking my first trip to New Orleans in the spring to see the sights and go to some crawdad boils. Below lists several festivals. Lets here your info and opinions. Thanks

BEAUX BRIDGE CRAWFISH FESTIVAL Over 35 Cajun, Zydeco, and Swamp Pop bands on three stages. Cajun food, crafts, crawfish eating , crawfish racing, and dance contests. Parc Hardy in Beaux Bridge, LA.

Louisina Crawfish Festival (March 27-30)
A four day festival featuring live entertainment, crawfish races, games, and crafts. Thursday 5:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m., Friday 5:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m., Saturday 12:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m., and Sunday 12:00 p.m.-10 p.m. Chalmette, LA . Free. For more info. Call 504-271-0228.

Louisiana Crawfish Festival (April 23-26)
Crawfish foods, rides, games, and music take place in Chalmette, near New Orleans East. Watch out for 'dem spicy mudbugs! (504) 271-3836.

Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival ( May 2-4 )
Over 35 Cajun, Zydeco, and Swamp Pop bands on three stages. Cajun food, crafts, crawfish eating , crawfish racing, and dance contests. Parc Hardy in Beaux Bridge, LA. (337) 332-6655.

Louisiana Crawfish Festival A four day festival featuring live entertainment, crawfish races, games, and crafts.

World Championship Crawfish and Etouffee Cook-off (March 30)
Northwest Community Center Pavillion on Samuel Dr., Eunice, LA.
(337) 457-2565.

Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Breaux Bridge would be my option
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#2]
What, nobody here has ever been to New Orleans between the months of January through June of any year and had a crawfish boil???? Am I the first to think of this???
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Breaux Bridge
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Breaux Bridge. Chalmette is Ok but you get so many Yats there from the city that you just want to start swinging on them.

I'd love to have one this year but the logistics are staggering. I had a 150# boil about three years ago and it was hard to do. Momma brought the crawfish up from Breaux Bridge and I cooked for about 40 people. I am without a doubt and no bullshit the best crawfish boiler that lives and breaths!

Try to hookup with somebody that lives down there and go to a family boil. Much more laid back and fun IMHO. Don't go to New Orleans expecting to see anything real Cajun®. Acadiana is the place for that. I recomend Vermillionville and the Acadian museum in Lafayette. Look up Lee Benoit on the net and see where he is performing. His music is the real deal. Anything with a froitoir in it is not Cajun®. It is called Zydeco; a name that is a bastardization of Les Haricots. It's a long story but it's the blacks version of Cajun music.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 6:04:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Having grown up in the area, i would have to say either Breaux Bridge or Eunice.

Johnathan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top