Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2003 11:56:17 PM EDT
Granted, none of us have anything on TX, but we're some fairly friendly 2nd amendment states (Excl. AL's no passing thru laws re firearms) and we're also some big time sportsman states. I don't exactly see why we're all lumped together as if we are only 1/3 the value of a "regular" state. I suppose there may be a point if there's not local support enough to justify 3 separate sections, but c'mon; Nebraska has their own folder for crying out loud!
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:20:26 AM EDT
[#1]
What part of Louisiana you from pulp?
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I look at it this way, the three of us are the TRUE South. I am proud to be from the South and a true son of the Confederacy. I believe in the Southron Pride!!

Tony G
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#3]
BR, Grits.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I cover all 3 states. Live in Bama, have another office in Ms., born and reared in La. with mom and other relatives still there.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#5]

This "Gulf States" thing just isn't right

You're absolutely right!  Since most of the posts are from Alabama folks, it should be the Alabama forum.  

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
SAF Supporter
SAS Supporter
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#6]
That really is a point USPC40. There may not be the support for LA of MS, but it seems that AL has enough contributions to have a folder of its own.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 5:44:25 AM EDT
[#7]
"That really is a point USPC40. There may not be the support for LA of MS, but it seems that AL has enough contributions to have a folder of its own."

Amen
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 5:51:13 AM EDT
[#8]
i think we ought to have GA and TN lumped in here as well. Hell we have more GA guys show up at our AL shoots than AL guys.

We are pretty much close enough that everyone can make a central event.

mike
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:19:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

This "Gulf States" thing just isn't right

You're absolutely right!  Since most of the posts are from Alabama folks, it should be the Alabama forum.  

It sounds almost like y'all are advocating - dare I say it? - SECESSION from the "Gulf States"!!!  

And (for all you Civil War buffs) if Alabama secedes, will Winston County demand its own folder?
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

And (for all you Civil War buffs) if Alabama secedes, will Winston County demand its own folder?

HardShell you may have to explain about that to the LA & MS guys, heck you may have to "splain" it to half of this Alabama bunch.

Rick  

Link Posted: 9/23/2003 11:44:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 1:32:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Said the guy whose not satisfied with his own state (which has its own folder!!!) & has to meddle in the affairs of the Gulf States conspiracy confederacy.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:00:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:32:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HardShell you may have to explain about that to the LA & MS guys, heck you may have to "splain" it to half of this Alabama bunch.

Rick  

Any "outsiders" who didn't get this reference can do a search on the "Free State of Winston" and its "secession from the Secession."  You'll want to read about the "Incident at Looney's Tavern."  It's a really interesting little piece of history...
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 9:52:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Granted, none of us have anything on TX,

Truer words have never been spoken.  

Y'all come on over to Texas anytime.  We'll adopt y'all.

TRG
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 12:58:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I created the "Gulf States", son.  

I suggest you smile when you say that. That way I know we're still on friendly terms.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I created the "Gulf States", son.  

I suggest you smile when you say that. That way I know we're still on friendly terms.

Get a rope.  He'll be in Texas soon, and we have an import ban on carpet baggin yankees.  

y'all want him?  I'll send him out on a rail.

TRG

Link Posted: 9/24/2003 11:48:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get a rope.  He'll be in Texas soon, and we have an import ban on carpet baggin yankees.  

y'all want him?  I'll send him out on a rail.

TRG

hr

What do you boys got against a guy baggin' a little carpet??

and I ain't gettin' near your rail no matter how small of guage it is.

Weirdos

Ha Ha! - He must be from WA, he spelled 'gauge' wrong...
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Ha Ha! - He must be from WA, he spelled 'gauge' wrong...

Or maybe he works for GM - they can't seem to spell it right either.  GAGE?!?!?!
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Tough crowd.

TRG
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
i think we ought to have GA and TN lumped in here as well. Hell we have more GA guys show up at our AL shoots than AL guys.

We are pretty much close enough that everyone can make a central event.

mike

If Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi, and Louisiana joined up to be one big ass state...that'd be cool.  We'd have Florida at our mercy!  We could deport all the old liberals that live down there during the winter and push all the illegals into the ocean.  Then we could attack Cuba and annex that turning it into a vacation resort.  Hell, give us a few years and the whole Caribbean would be ours.  Of course, we couldn't just stop there, right?

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
SAF Supporter
SAS Supporter
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 4:11:02 AM EDT
[#24]
There will be no secessions from the Gulf States
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Last time I checked, Florida & Texas were Gulf States.

In fact, I'll have a swim in the Gulf of Mexico in both of them this month.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top