Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2003 6:14:06 AM EDT
I guess it had to happen at some point in time. Last night I was at a cancer support meeting and got a 911 page, I hate those. I left the room to answer the page and get the details. My wife was paging to inform me that my friend who uses my shop a lot was injured and what should she do. He was putting together a Krink and had done the final head space check, decides to check feed and extraction with live rounds (I only allow dummy rounds for this check or no firing pin in the bolt with live rounds). All seemed OK so he grabbed the bolt handle and pulls back to extract the round, bolt unlocks and then KABOOOOOOM!!! The round fired out of battery, with the bolt coming back and unlocked. The resulting explosion got his leg and forearm, forearm looks like he got hit with a shotgun. He spent over 5 hours in the E R, waiting for and then getting treatment. They informed the LE of the incident and they shrugged their shoulders and left after hearing the story. He will be OK, a bit sore but he was lucky. He had just had his face close to the port looking close at the bolt, moved back and then opened the bolt!!! Be careful out there folks, the toys we play with can kill you, or worse!

Tony G
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:16:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Just ask Balming!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top