Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2003 1:03:02 PM EDT
I plan on going to Swan creek tomorrow morning for a bit, around 10:00AM. I have to take my Mother shopping early and hope to be there right after. Anyone want to drop in? Nothing special planned, just some trigger time.

Tony G
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish I could meet you some day and shoot some of your toys:)  I spent some quality time up there this morning and won't be able to make it tomorrow.  Maybe some day we cvan meet up.

I was there from 7:30 til 12:30 and shot a total of 42 rounds!  Lots of BS up there today:)

Rick

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:54:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I made the trip to the range and had a great time. I saw a couple of the regulars there and met a bunch of new guys, made some new young friends. There were several men there with youngsters and I asked all of them if they wanted to shoot the mguns. All of them but one said yes, those kids had smiles all over after shooting. Gave them all a quick history lesson and explained how we have freedoms others do not have. All in all a good day, OH!! and I met an anti machine gun guy (heheheheheee)!! It was very hard to be nice to this jerk but nice I was. I explained to him I support his right completely, to own and shoot his very expensive target rifle (mentioned the fact my gun cost more than three times what his cost). I also said I am not a criminal and he should support my right as well to shoot targets. We both do the same thing but in a different way, I have to seek permission to own what I have and he does not (except that he needs to pass NICS). He told me that the NICS process was against the constitutuion, but he approved of it because it made all of us more safe!!! I told him that any citizen who gave up his freedom for a moment of supposed safety, deserved neither, he smiled!! I also explained to him that calling 911 will bring the police to investigate the complaint, not to protect him, not their job. We talked gun safety for a bit and I told him the most unsafe gun owners in the world are LE officers, he then tells me he is a police officer (my turn to smile). We never got angry and I offered to let him shoot some mguns, he declined but stayed around and had fun with the youngsters shooting. Yep, it was a good day!!

Tony G
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top