Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2003 2:41:21 PM EDT
The local news here in north Alabama is reporting that two men were shot today at the Montgomery gun show. According to the news, a "gunsmith" was unloading a .45 pistol and it went off, striking him in the hand and another in the leg, niether was seriously injured. This stupidity has to end at some point, before we loose gun shows altogether. This has happened in Alabama about 7-8 times in the past couple years.

Tony G
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:26:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw this on the late news last night - I didn't even know there was a show at the Shriner's Temple this weekend.  I usually get a notice about all of Allen's shows - was this someone other than CASCI?

And a big AMEN on Tony's comment above.  I used to work the shows and witnessed a couple of the past ADs.  What part of "NO LOADED FIREARMS OR LOOSE AMMUNITION IN THE SHOW" is so hard to understand?!?!?  It's just more political ammo for the "antis" every time somebody does something stupid/careless/evil with a gun!
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I saw this on the late news last night - I didn't even know there was a show at the Shriner's Temple this weekend.  I usually get a notice about all of Allen's shows - was this someone other than CASCI?

And a big AMEN on Tony's comment above.  I used to work the shows and witnessed a couple of the past ADs.  What part of "NO LOADED FIREARMS OR LOOSE AMMUNITION IN THE SHOW" is so hard to understand?!?!?  It's just more political ammo for the "antis" every time somebody does something stupid/careless/evil with a gun!

They must have not advertised the show at all; I didn't know about it until I read about the ND in the paper sunday morn. Made it in time though!
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:50:31 AM EDT
[#3]
My friend "the Moose" was very near this incident when it occured. The gun involved was  Glock. Both parties were injured, the shooter was a good guy and has lost a part of his hand. Good guy, bad guy, doesn't matter he broke the rules and will now pay forever for his mistake. My friends, please be careful out there, sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

Tony G
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:59:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My friend "the Moose" was very near this incident when it occured. The gun involved was  Glock. Both parties were injured, the shooter was a good guy and has lost a part of his hand. Good guy, bad guy, doesn't matter he broke the rules and will now pay forever for his mistake. My friends, please be careful out there, sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

Tony G

Moose is HILARIOUS!!!  One of my favorite folks from the "gun show circuit."  I can't wait for the next show to hear his version of the story - you know how good he is at spinning a yarn.

I am sorry that a couple of the good guys were hurt - but I'm thankful they weren't killed...
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My friends, please be careful out there, sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

Tony G

Well said there.  The best I remember, some sort of incident happened at a show in Memphis last year.  Gunshows (and RKBA) have enough bad press by the leftist media as it is.  Stupid (no offense to the guy.....but it was stupid) mistakes like this just add fuel to the fire.  Just lucky that noone was really injured or worse yet killed.  Like Tony said.....be careful for all of our sakes.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top