Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2003 4:53:03 PM EDT
I have recently been informed from several sources of an elderly gentleman telling mgun shooters they can not shoot there. I am trying to catch this clown in the act of saying this. I spoke with the state today and the district manager of the range in regards to this problem. I have been asked if anyone comes across this fella and he tells you that you can not shoot there, go immediately to the district office and report this. The district office is two miles east of the range on the same road. They will put a stop to this in no uncertain terms. If he threatens you with the sheriff, request that he go ahead and call the sheriff right away, if you do not want to go to the office. Don't want to get involved? Take his picture, get his license number, get a complete discription of his vehicle or of him and let me know, I WILL PUT A STOP TO THIS S@#T!!!!!!! This old coot thinks he can stop all of us from shooting there, but he is in for a rude awakening and I am just the a$$hole to ruin his day!!!
This old f#@t has never done a minutes work to help keep this range open or even to help with upkeep or improvements. Our group has driven bulldozers there to build a retention pond in order to meet federal guidelines on water contamination. We have moved gravel and made concrete forms to pour the walkways, we have helped install shooting benches. Even the new covers over the firing lines are our doing, we worked 2 years on that little project. We are currently trying to get the funds to cover the last and final firing line on the north end of the range. So folks, help me out here!!

Tony G
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 2:57:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Tony, I don't own a machine gun so the chance of me running into him is kinda slim, maybe if my AR double taps again he'll come around.  OTOH, if anyone says anything to me about the machine guns being illegial, I'll get as much info about him as I can and pass it on to you.  I'm assuming you've never actually met the gentleman?

Rick
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:53:28 AM EDT
[#2]
A quick BIO on this fella and his friends. Last year I held an mgun shoot and a match at Swan Creek range. I had a state permit and the blessings of the headquarters in Montgomery to hold this event. This man and his friend were shooting .22 rifles at a target on one of the ranges we had reserved. They would shoot one round and then discuss it for a few minutes, go down range and measure the hit, and then discuss some more. I informed them we had a permit and he was very angry that we could do that. He informed he was not going to leave as he came to shoot. I told him that we would not need to use that range for some time and he was more than welcome to continue to shoot and I would give him an hour or so warning before we needed the range. I even invited him to join us to shoot as we had some neat targets and he was welcome to shoot my mguns as well, he declined. I guess that we insulted him some how and he has been a jerk ever since this incident. By the way, it is illegal in this state for him to interfere with me lawfully using this range to shoot and I will prosecute him if he persists in this stupid little game of his. This man has the same right I have to use this state owned range as long as he follows the rules of use and of safety. He is much more unsafe than most of the shooters I shoot with. This man trys to fast draw and fire a loaded handgun at a target, that is too dangerous to try at a public range, in my opinion!

Tony G
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I know the fellow you're talking about!  He called me a radical when he spotted my AR-15, a post-ban Bushmaster, which hasn't been modified in any way except to add a Tasco scope so that I can see to shoot it!  If I'm not bad wrong, he lives in Madison County.  I see him there sometimes on the weekends, but I've never ran across him there on a weekday.  He does own a really nice Kimber 22, if it's the guy I'm thinking of.  I'll keep an eye out for him.

Rick

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top