Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2003 8:19:30 PM EDT
If so what are the times an days of the week???

Do all shooters need a hunting license I remember something about needing a license to shoot there or something...

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:46:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeppers, Swan Creek range is open. The hours are from sun up until sundown, and they are enforced. You will also need to have a state hunting license or a management permit to be a user of the range. They do check for the license or permit if an officer is there or comes by.
The range has covers on four of the five ranges now and it is great. I was there the other day as it began to rain, I was able to keep shooting and enjoy my range time. Let me know when you are going out and I may be able to meet you there with a few of my toys.

Tony G
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Hoping to go this Friday afternoon/late afternoon.

Not sure about weather yet though.

Do all shooters in the party have to have hunting license?

My dad and younger brother from outta state are here and I want to take them shooting; will they need one too?   Or will mine be enough?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Folks from out of state can just buy a management area permit according to the Swan Creek Office.  They are $16.00 just like the state license.  

I spent most of the day at Swan yesterday and the covers sure do help with the sun and rain!

Take some bug spray for the skeeters have been out in force there this year!

Rick
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:23:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I will try to get to the range on Friday afternoon. If I can get away I will be there about 1730 or so. Look for the guy with the M14E2 and other mguns.

Tony G
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:02:57 AM EDT
[#5]
With regrets, I will not make it to the range today. I have just been informed that I have an important meeting this evening that i must attend. I hope to get out to the range tomorrow sometime, maybe early morning when it is much cooler.

Tony G
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top