Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2003 4:10:42 PM EDT
hi guys......slasher here.  I am being commissioned as a captain in the alabama state defense force. I will be company commander of charlie company 103rd Infantry battalion. the unit is in the Athens area and if any of you are interested in signing up please contact me here via post or email..anyone ages 17-70 can be a part of it,and u wear the same uniforms as the army. the governor is our commander-in-chief. there are many former service men and women of all branches serving in the AL.SDF....PRIOR SERVICE IS NOT A PREREQUISITE...and I am authorized to promote any with military service up 2 grades.meetings will be at the athens armory http://www.alsdf.cjb.net/  that's the website.thx all
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Stop by and tell me more!! I am interested.

Tony G
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:02:34 AM EDT
[#2]
any birmingham units for us guys down here?

mike
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:26:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm joining the Indiana SDF when I ETS from the Guard in August.  I wondered if anyone else was doing stuff like this.

Have you seen the Texas Guard?  Man, they're serious!  They even have tuition reimbursement just like the feds.

Wish we were that serious in Indiana.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Try also to keep abreast of the newest Government program. The program is called C.E.R.T., (Community Emergency Response Team). This program will train civilians to respond to community emergencies when the regular responders are occupied elsewhere. This could happen with natural disasters, terror attacks, etc. Training will be in the areas of first aid, traffic control, security of high risk areas, fire fighting, etc. We need all of those that are on our side to be involved and help protect our freedoms.

Tony G
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds interesting...
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:50:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Do they allow or furnish us with arms like the regular guard?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:12:47 AM EDT
[#7]
hi all, thx for your interest!.tony, I will contact you soon with the information you have requested....also, there are units all over the state of alabama...as of now we are not issued weapons. however, we are becoming part of the homeland defense force and it is still being decided what our role will be.also I have a special request for you guys if you choose to join.please tell them captain thomas farris is who recruited you.I can earm a medal for recruiting and I would appreciate your consideration in this...thx to all......slasher
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:53:38 AM EDT
[#8]
How do us in Birmingham get info, join, etc.?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Any more info on joining for B'ham boys?  I'm very interested as well.

Beetle
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#10]
[email protected] ....those wanting to join the b'ham area brigade use the above email addy for contact info......hope this helps!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:35:07 AM EDT
[#11]
will do i am waiting for a reply back.

mike
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:17:25 AM EDT
[#12]
still no reply
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:26:42 AM EDT
[#13]
For those in the north Alabama area, Captain "slasher" will be at the NG armory today in Athens taking apps for the ADF. Starts about 1230 I am told so drop in and sign up.

Tont G
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top