Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2003 10:07:35 AM EDT
Hi,

I'm in on business a day early (14 June) from Texas and wanted to know if there are any gunshops or stores worth going to.  I'm somewhat familiar with Birmingham, but have never really gone looking for shops before.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, The Gun Cellar over by the Galleria in Hoover is a pretty nice place to go.  There is another place in Center Point that is A-1, but that may be a bit too far out of the way for you.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I'll be staying in Trussville, but will be making the drive from the airport.

Any fun shows going on that weekend?

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#3]
If your staying in Trusville then the One in Center point will be your closest, but the Gun Cellar stays open later though.

Trogdor...the burninator
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Southeastern Guns in Trusville is good as is the Gun Cellar in Hoover. Have bought from both.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Also, if you are looking for a show this weekend, check the gun shoot topic this weekend
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#6]
alaman,

Thanks for the info, but I'm going to be there a week later than y'alls shoot.

Thanks for the assistance, everyone.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Southeastern Guns in Trusville is good as is the Gun Cellar in Hoover. Have bought from both.

Where is the Southeastern guns at in Trustville?I only know of the Southeastern guns in Cneterpoint area.

Trogdor
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#8]
It's in Centerpoint
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:39:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Southeastern guns moved to trussvile last weekend. They are in a shopping center off hwy 11.

They had too many robbery attempts in centerpoint and decided to bug out after the last fool tried to rip the front of the building off with a jeep.

mike
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:42:12 AM EDT
[#10]
im me and i'll give you my phone numbers. Never hurts to have a freindly location when you in from out of town.

mike
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Just called. New address 1808 Gadsden Hwy. Opens Saturday. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:52:01 AM EDT
[#12]
FYI - IF you will have access to wheels w/o serious mileage restrictions & IF you don't mind an hour-and-a-half drive (all interstate), there will be a CASCI Gun Show at the Montgomery Civic Center (just off I65 South) on June 14 & 15.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:21:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the help.  I would like to go to the show in Montgomery, but will be meeting the folks (driving over from Mississippi) in Tuscaloosa on Saturday night.  I'll have a couple of hours to play around Birmingham on Saturday afternoon, so I'll probably only get to one or two shops.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:28:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks again to all y'all here.  I wasn't able to see that much (folks drove up from Mississippi, and I met them in Tuscaloosa for Father's Day, and enjoyed the rain and flooding), but was able to check out Southeastern Guns in Trussville.  It seemed to be a nice shop, and I was able to pick up a holster.

Too bad Texas and Alabama don't have reciprocity...I would have liked to have tried out a range.

-Zmeja
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top