Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2003 6:16:40 PM EDT
A few of the local folks are going to the Swan Creek range on Saturday. The reason for this little visit is to teach and old guy a lesson. Seems that this older fella thinks he can stop us shooting mguns there. He has informed several folks that "HE" got us thrown off of the range, this is not true by the way. I have called my man in Montgomery with the state and he says NO WAY can we be stopped from shooting!!! I also spoke with the local authorities and they have reassured me that we are welcome to shoot as long as we follow all the rules. I have been sick the past few days and will not be there long, just long enough to put this clown in his place! I am going to ask him to call the sheriff and have me arrested, I hope to even loan him my phone to do it. There will be a couple LE there with us, maybe my lawyer too. I am hoping to get his expression on film when the deputy shows up. We had problems with him last fall and he started a petition to stop all mgun shooting at the range. This petition was at a pawn shop on the Beltline in Decatur, it failed!! I understand that the pawn shop got a lot of calls against this petition after I posted the number to many of the gun boards.

We had a fella give us a problem a few years back and had to call in the deputies. LE came and this guy starts to tell his story about us evil and wicked machine gunners. I had recently gotten this particular deputy an Uzi by the way. After this fella tells his tale the deputy asks me did I wish to press charges, the guy was shocked to say the least. Deputy tells the guy, "you can leave now, or go to jail, NOW. Your choice!" he left. Anyway my guys will have a few mguns out there to play with as well as a few suppressed ones to shoot. Y'all come!

Tony G
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:34:22 AM EDT
[#1]
What time?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Sure wish I could be there but I have a family thing to attend.

On another note, the rumor around Swan today was that it will soon close due to funding cuts!  Heard anything aout that?

I bet 25 to 30 or more shooters used Swan today.  All 4 ranges had someone during the time I was there which was from about 9:00 this morning until 2:00 or so this afternoon.

Rick

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Im only a few miles away from Swan.  I'll go anytime.

[email protected]

PS:  I DONT KNOW WHO THE DUDE IS IN PANGEA'S ICON BUT IT AINT PANGEA...LOL  YO DUDE!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:24:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Im only a few miles away from Swan.

Are you "Venture" that used to shoot with us at Fayette & Swan?  Where have you been?  Last I remember you were suppose to show up at my house for us to go to a shoot at Fayette.

Tony G.  How did the shoot go?  Any problems?

Rick
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:02:13 AM EDT
[#5]
We had a very nice morning, no problems and the "gentleman" never showed. There were about 10 of us there along with a state conservation officer. This officer had been dispatched there as he had been told that we were going to try and take over an area of the range and prevent others from shooting (HHAHAhahahahahahahaha). The officer knew me and we all had a great time shooting, we even had the officer shooting with us as well. He was amazed at the RPM of me T-50 sub gun, about 1800-2000 RPM, amazed me too! I plan on being at the FOP range in Pleasant Grove on Saturday 7 June, for a bit of shooting fun. I am trying to get a date together for my 13th annual Heart of Dixie Shoot-N-Match, to be held at Swan Creek Range, any suggestions?

Tony G
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:07:47 PM EDT
[#6]
RICK... Yeah its me and it has been a while.  That was about 2 wives ago... haha.

We need to meet up at Bankhead sometime, since thats about halfway for both of us.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top