Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2003 4:22:36 PM EDT
i talked to john at fop today. He was thrilled we were there and told me anytime we are ready to let him know!

I am thinking we need a snazzy name for this. They have bullet fest and machine gun madness.

I'm thinking something like "The Redneck Rampage" What yall think?

mike

hey is that a banjo i hear in the distance?
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Redneck Rampage, lol.  If you here that banjo in the distance - it is probably because the song from the movie 'O brother where art thou' (I am a man of constant sorrow) is playing :).  Either way the name sounds good, especially here in the heart of Dixie!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 6:53:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey thanks for the directions back to 20. What kinda AK was that you had with ya? I look forward to hanging out with you Bama guys again.
 Joel
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 7:34:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Joel,
It was a MAK90 with kvar od green stock (their nato length stock) and gtech fcg.  I think I got the silver solder to take this time (don't want my brake coming loose again, lol).  Your welcome on the directions, and hope we can do some shooting again soon (do I hear bump fire??).  Maybe next time if people want we could bring some stuff to trade, swap, etc.  just a thought.
Mike
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#4]
FOPfest was used in one of the GA threads. I kinda liked that.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i talked to john at fop today. He was thrilled we were there and told me anytime we are ready to let him know!

I am thinking we need a snazzy name for this. They have bullet fest and machine gun madness.

I'm thinking something like "The Redneck Rampage" What yall think?

mike

hey is that a banjo i hear in the distance?

"redneck rampage" is catchy but kinda makes us look dumber than we are...kinda sorta...

some other suggestions

"Bullets and Burgers"
"Southern shootout"
"Guns -N- Grub"

just some ideas...How about a poll after a few more suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Beans and bullets.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#7]
AlGafest or how about AlGa Shootout?  Sounds like y'all had a great time!

Rick
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I was kicking this around, keep the name nuetral as far as state wise.  With the close proximity of Birmingham to several of the other large cities in the reigon, there is no reason that we couldn't invite people from mississippi and tennesee.  Personally I like FOPfest.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#9]
how about

"BOOM"STOCK  
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#10]
How about FOP-Fest and Feast.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#11]
how about "The Sound of Fredom"
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#12]
or with the smell of gunpowder in the air it could be the "smell of freedom".  Or the smell of liberty in the air.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 6:47:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Man, I hope I can come nextime
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#14]
i like them all.

Funny thing. i talked to Vicky <range owners wife> yesterday. She is a local cop and was on night shift the day we shot. She had just gone to bed when we opened up She was a little frazzled. Said she had never in her life heard that kind of rifle fire that close before.

For those that remember they live in the mobile home up on the main road coming in. Our firing line was about 50yrds from her bedroom window

mike
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
For those that remember they live in the mobile home up on the main road coming in. Our firing line was about 50yrds from her bedroom window

mike

I bet she really enjoyed the mag dump...
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#16]
yea she mentioned the mag dump

BoomStock sounds good! A few others were good also. I'll setup a poll soon

mike
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:30:15 AM EDT
[#17]
BoomStock is short and sweet, and rolls off the tounge.  "redneck rampage" should be our Un-official motto, but should  be between us only... as we are the rednecks on a rampage.

I hope John's wife finally got some sleep...I bet the tannerite didnt help either.

LWC

ps check out the thread about the group tannerite buy!
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I just want to let you Guys know,that even though your Wives or Girlfriends didn't make it. I still had a wonderful time. I mean,the looks on your faces while shooting your Rifles was priceless. I am looking forward to the next shoot. And what ever name ya'll decide to call yourselves,will be an awesome name I am sure.

Oh and those of you that have too much Deermeat,send it over my way! I can make some damn good Jerky. Well,so I've been told!

Mona
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:04:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Are there any plans to have another FOP shoot anytime soon?
I know I am not the only one chompin' at the bit.

ARH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top