Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2020 3:31:28 AM EDT
Hey all,

I'm a misplaced Hoosier trapped in Chicago, moved there a decade ago from Indiana for work and school and regret it every day. I have family in Indiana and keep most of my guns there, do I qualify for a non resident CCW? What I've read seems to require employment or a regular place of business. I'm having a difficult time finding out what is required to even take my pistols and rifles to an Indiana range.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 1:42:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't believe you qualify.

That being said, if at any point you qualify as a resident you can get your lifetime and be set. IIRC, your lifetime is still valid even after you move out of state.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 11:31:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Why not get your IL CCW?  IN recognizes it, then you don't have to worry about it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Indiana couldn't care less what you own or transport, whether you're a resident or not, so you're good to go if you want to take them to a range. You just can't "carry", which means you have to have them unloaded/secured/not readily accessible on the way there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top