Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/5/2020 11:56:38 AM EDT
Things are slowly looking worse for conservative, constitutional gun owners. We are a red state, and are still somewhat protected. But I am seeing the writing on the wall.
I would like to suggest a hometown get together, to be decided.
I don't want to be in charge of anything, and I generally avoid people I don't know.  
That said, it is high time we start acting like a group instead of individuals.
I am not planning sedition or treason, as that time is not yet close enough.
Anyone want to add to this? Let's start a movement!
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Agree.  Indianapolis area here.
I was going to do one of the ruck walks, but I always had a conflict of some kind.  Scheduling conflict....  Probably ought to qualify that these days.  

I wish the IN Hometown forum got more traffic.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m in Bedford, 25 miles south of Bloomington
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m in. Indy area too
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 6:46:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Southern Indiana here, I work between indy and Louisville. I can meet anywhere between
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 6:59:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm East of Seymour......
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Let’s agree on a central area, we are all fairly close.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Hamilton co here.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#8]
owen county....half way between terre haute and b-town
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Hendricks county here.

Maybe lunch one weekend pr something?  Any of you also car guys?  Be easy to get together under the guise of car stuff as well
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 3:46:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hendricks county here.

Maybe lunch one weekend pr something?  Any of you also car guys?  Be easy to get together under the guise of car stuff as well
View Quote
I'm into cars. About to change the oil in my 911 and unfortunately put it away for the winter. Weird since it's so nice out.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm into cars. About to change the oil in my 911 and unfortunately put it away for the winter. Weird since it's so nice out.
View Quote

Don’t quit just yet!  I had my truck up for the winter and got it back out.

Link Posted: 11/10/2020 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Car guy here also. Right now I'm in between projects. Last two were a 2012 ctsv and a 2012 corvette grand sport.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Orange county here.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 8:51:40 AM EDT
[#14]
What can we do to make this happen?

Seems like we should have a group of some kind.  At a minimum, someone should organize some very basic info to have on hand.  Even if it is just screen name and email address.  If ARFCOM is shut down, I've got no method of contacting anyone.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm way down in Dearborn county. I'm way closer to Cincinnati than Indianapolis. I wanted to do one of the rucks over the summer but the timing never lined up.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#16]
As the weather turns cooler and Covid cases go up they might shut down the restaurants again, might need to do this very soon.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Elkhart county here, seems I might be the furthest north out of everyone that responded. Indy isn't a bad drive for me.

I'll keep my eyes on this thread as it develops.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Jsriggs67 on parler
[email protected]

Link Posted: 11/12/2020 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#19]
What is the objective?
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone down for Mexican food around Hendricks Co this Saturday?
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What is the objective?
View Quote

To meet and create contacts in case of civil strife. People who are like minded.

I'm not going to be the one to text you sweet good mornings each day.  I may only text you once or twice a year to make sure you are OK. But should things get bad, I would like to let others know.
No militia, no plans to create a new warlord in the apocalypse.  
If we are not inclined to meet, then use pm's to exchange contact info.
I see how people in Virginia were able to come together, and it would help us to be prepared.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

To meet and create contacts in case of civil strife. People who are like minded.

I'm not going to be the one to text you sweet good mornings each day.  I may only text you once or twice a year to make sure you are OK. But should things get bad, I would like to let others know.
No militia, no plans to create a new warlord in the apocalypse.  
If we are not inclined to meet, then use pm's to exchange contact info.
I see how people in Virginia were able to come together, and it would help us to be prepared.
View Quote

Well, I'm out then.

Meeting for a meal with fellow board members sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:20:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Seems like OP is wanting to create a network like O was a part of in GA before I moved up.

We used to get together in GA every so often for meals. Once we weeded out the weirdos/hardcore basement dwellers, many of us became life long friends that would get together almost weekly and turn wrenches or drink beers.

It’s a nice feeling knowing you have a group of guys that at any moment you can depend on at least one of them to answer the phone and tell you that you’re being dumb. Or at least video the actions
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 12:08:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Someone needs to take a step forward to make something happen.

It is my personal position that we need to make a contact list.  It is certainly conceivable that forms of communication like AR15.com will be shut down at some point.  I would like to have some means of contacting like minded individuals, should that occur.  And, of course, having an occasional get together as well...     I know getting people to volunteer information comes with a certain amount of apprehension, so I would open the forum to discussion about it.

I see that there are two basic questions, what info to share and any requirements to be included.

Seems like the minimum should be ARFCOM screen name, email, & phone #.   Obviously that could be expanded to include optional info...  real name, county of residence, address, probably other stuff.

Second would be any qualifications.  I would say IN resident is required, and possibly having been an ARFCOM member for at least a year?

If anyone has any feedback, please post it here.  Someone just maintain an excel spreadsheet and distribute it every 6 months or a year?  I don't know if an email contact list is secure enough for everyone's comfort?  I'm not a software savvy guy.

Link Posted: 11/13/2020 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I have caught and tested positive for the coof. I've been pretty sick and completely wiped out. Doing quarantine thing.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have caught and tested positive for the coof. I've been pretty sick and completely wiped out. Doing quarantine thing.
View Quote

Let me know if you need anything.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 4:01:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Let me know if you need anything.
View Quote
Thanks. I'll bounce back, it just doesnt happen as quickly in my 40's.

Hope you guys get to meet up.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Someone needs to take a step forward to make something happen.

It is my personal position that we need to make a contact list.  It is certainly conceivable that forms of communication like AR15.com will be shut down at some point.  I would like to have some means of contacting like minded individuals, should that occur.  And, of course, having an occasional get together as well...     I know getting people to volunteer information comes with a certain amount of apprehension, so I would open the forum to discussion about it.

I see that there are two basic questions, what info to share and any requirements to be included.

Seems like the minimum should be ARFCOM screen name, email, & phone #.   Obviously that could be expanded to include optional info...  real name, county of residence, address, probably other stuff.

Second would be any qualifications.  I would say IN resident is required, and possibly having been an ARFCOM member for at least a year?

If anyone has any feedback, please post it here.  Someone just maintain an excel spreadsheet and distribute it every 6 months or a year?  I don't know if an email contact list is secure enough for everyone's comfort?  I'm not a software savvy guy.

View Quote

This seems reasonable to me.
I'm old and not in great health but still mobile.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Ok, since I opened my mouth, I will start a contact list.
First name, arfcom name, contact number, and county location sound ok?
If that is ok, pm it to me and I will make it happen.
I will not give this info to anyone except via pm to verified members of said list.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I will not give this info to anyone except via pm to verified members of said list.
View Quote

PM sent
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 12:08:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

IM sent...
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 3:25:35 AM EDT
[#32]
IM sent
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Replied to 3 so far.
Feel free to send me a text if you need anything
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#34]
IM sent from Marshall
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 7:43:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Done
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 8:15:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sent
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:29:48 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm in!  Johnson County here.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 9:04:32 AM EDT
[#38]
I will make the list on notepad, so you don't have to have word and notepad does not carry viruses.  
Thursday should see the first list go out.
Thanks for the time and attention.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 9:23:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Discord is a very easy way to set up comms.  It’s used a lot in gaming circles.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 9:29:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Discord is a very easy way to set up comms.  It’s used a lot in gaming circles.
View Quote

I know nothing about discord. Let me research.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#41]
It’s basically a chat app/website. You can set it to notify you of new messages. Someone sets up the server and then sends invite codes out.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#42]
OH resident but live minutes from IN state line and average 1 or 2 trips to IN per week.
I was born in IN and lived there until I was 23, Dad still lives there.
I am near Richmond, aka I-70 at IN / OH border.

OH ARFcom has a "battle buddies" group, we use the Signal app. No list as yours. A few of us have met, 3 of us did a  hike with open carry ARs, sidearms and backpacks.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Seems like OP is wanting to create a network like O was a part of in GA before I moved up.

We used to get together in GA every so often for meals. Once we weeded out the weirdos/hardcore basement dwellers, many of us became life long friends that would get together almost weekly and turn wrenches or drink beers.

It’s a nice feeling knowing you have a group of guys that at any moment you can depend on at least one of them to answer the phone and tell you that you’re being dumb. Or at least video the actions
View Quote

I’m always down to tell you your being dumb.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#44]
I missed this earlier and would be in for a meet up , even if it's a bit of a drive. I am in the northern part of the state.

Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Lafayette checking in
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:29:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Morgan County here.
Sent
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 4:57:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sent
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#48]
I have 10 people so far. I have sent some pm's requesting email or phone numbers.
If you don't want to list those, that is fine with me.
We need to decide if members with less than a year will be included. I have one already.
Personally, I don't care. We will figure out if someone is a dumbass pretty quickly, and I don't think we are going to send any actionable information anyway.
But I want consensus before I do anything.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Also please send info in the following manner: (it makes it easier on me)

Name
Username
Phone
Email
County
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Sent, technically OH but minutes from Wayne and Union Co IN.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top