Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2003 3:35:12 AM EDT
Am I reading this wrong or are these people smoking crack?

-Nuke

www.in.gov/legislative/bills/2003/IN/IN1011.1.html

Ban on assault weapons. Provides that the manufacture, importation,
sale, or possession of ammunition for a machine gun, an automatic
weapon, or a semiautomatic weapon is a Class C felony. Creates
enhanced criminal penalties for a person who commits certain drug
offenses while in possession of an automatic or a semiautomatic
weapon.

How many guns do you have that can't fire a round made for an automatic/semiautomatic weapon?  I have a .44 special revolver, think thats the only one.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:47:35 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:18:54 AM EDT
[#2]
This has been discussed already... Don't worry about it.  It's written by an irrelevant African from Gary who'd have more luck getting elected mayor of Martinsville than he would of even getting this to a vote.

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:23:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I live right across the border from Union County. If Liberty and Connorsville, Indiana is representative of the whole state, I have more chance of laying a gold egg than this bill does to pass.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:28:51 AM EDT
[#4]
This is the first I've heard of it.  They are probably smoking crack and don't like confronting gun owners when they try to rob them for the drug money.  

It is disturbing that Indiana has this kind of thing being proposed.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:28:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:29:09 AM EDT
[#6]
damn.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:34:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I imagine odds are slim, but any bill no matter how small of an impact (this one would be huge), needs opposition.  It figures it came out of Gary.  They align themselves pretty well with the politics of Chicago.

-Nuke
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I imagine odds are slim, but any bill no matter how small of an impact (this one would be huge), needs opposition. -Nuke

The opposition is already there and closer than you think (inside political humor)!  You'll see slot machines in high school cafeterias before you see this bill get a vote.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:23:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I imagine odds are slim, but any bill no matter how small of an impact (this one would be huge), needs opposition. -Nuke

The opposition is already there and closer than you think (inside political humor)!  You'll see slot machines in high school cafeterias before you see this bill get a vote.

Slot machines, yes, but soda machines, no.  ;)

-Nuke
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top