Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 5:58:56 AM EDT
Please read thisthread and then contact the reporter with a compliment for taking a generally positive approach to the AR-15 rifle.  We can win the media war one reporter at a time!

Link Posted: 1/2/2003 12:36:37 AM EDT
[#1]
That's typical for this area. I e-mailed them.  
I am glad In. is gun-friendly though. 3 years ago i got pulled over for speeding and a St. Trooper looked in my back seat and seen 6 baaaaaaaaaad eeeeeeeeeeeevil rifles!
I had a SKSpre-  a Maadi pre---  2 shotguns,1022 dressed up,and a FAL!!!All neatly stacked up in my back seat. He reached in and went right for the Maadi. I guess he watched enough rambo movies to think that gun was evil!
  He ran the numbers and was anxious to get a big cop bust LOL he returned and told me where I bought it how much I traded for, and the time the transfer papers were signed. He didn't want to bother running the rest. Most people/police for that matter wont know the difference in a wheel gun and an auto.
 It could be worse.
Think Ill go shooting today, think Ill shoot some eeeevil .223 caliber assault(high powered) rifle machine gun rounds LOL!  
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:54:43 AM EDT
[#2]
E-mail sent:

Good day, sir.  I recently saw a quoted reprint, on a message board that I occasionally frequent, of an article you had written concerning a shootout in Indianapolis which had involved a suspect utilizing an AR-15 type semiautomatic rifle.  I commend you for not capitalizing on the media craze of late over these rifles.  As a sporting shooter, it shames me when someone uses one of these firearms in a crime, and I am happy in the knowledge that they are not used often.  I just wanted to "pen" you a quick, appreciative note to say it is refreshing to see your unbiased viewpoint on this subject.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's the email I sent:

Hello Mr. Spalding,

I just finished reading your article in today's Star titled, "Man killed, 2 injured in shootout."  As an owner of four AR-15 rifles, I was shocked by your treatment of the rifle.

I want to compliment you for taking an unbiased approach and for rejecting the usual practice to demonize the rifle with hysterical quotes from anti-gun organizations like the Brady Campaign or the Violence Policy Center.  Your writing has proved to me that you are more interested in communicating the facts of the story than promoting a personal agenda.  Keep up the good work!

PS  If you ever are in southern Indiana and would like to shoot an AR-15 rifle yourself, feel free to contact me and I'll gladly take you shooting!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top