Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2009 8:22:33 AM EDT
Whats the skinny on them ? Anyone been in their shop yet? Any connection with 111 Gun Shop?
Dog1 you usually know about all the shops in Southern Indiana, what says you?

TS
Link Posted: 10/9/2009 8:29:23 AM EDT
[#1]
NO Connection to 111 Guns.  I know Bruce, the guy behind the counter, and he is a man with good Christian values.  My dad has purchased one pistol from them and was very satisfied.
Link Posted: 10/11/2009 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/11/2009 6:06:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Whats the skinny on them ? Anyone been in their shop yet? Any connection with 111 Gun Shop?

TS

I was in there around 3 weeks ago on a Tuesday. Someone had told me about the place and I saw that it was open, so I stopped in there to check it out. I introduced myself, and one of the guys had actually been a customer of mine. The guys were very friendly, and were just getting ready to get their first delivery of new firearms. They showed me around the place, and the neatest thing is that they offer NRA certified firearms training in their very own in-house training room. They have archery equipment too. We talked for a while, and I tried to share what I could about the stae of things in the retail world. In all, It was a very nice visit. That being said.....I don't think you will hear the type of stories about these fellas like the stories about the guy at  "111". I think his goose is cooked, and I truly hate to say that, but the truth is the truth.
Link Posted: 10/11/2009 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

TS

I was in there around 3 weeks ago on a Tuesday. Someone had told me about the place and I saw that it was open, so I stopped in there to check it out. I introduced myself, and one of the guys had actually been a customer of mine. The guys were very friendly, and were just getting ready to get their first delivery of new firearms. They showed me around the place, and the neatest thing is that they offer NRA certified firearms training in their very own in-house training room. They have archery equipment too. We talked for a while, and I tried to share what I could about the stae of things in the retail world. In all, It was a very nice visit. That being said.....I don't think you will hear the type of stories about these fellas like the stories about the guy at  "111". I think his goose is cooked, and I truly hate to say that, but the truth is the truth.

Does the original "111 guns" guy still run it who got in trouble with the law?

I was in there this past weekend, and didn't recognize 1 employee from past visits. It was 2 younger guys behind the counter, probably 25ish.
Link Posted: 10/11/2009 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Rick, Billy, Brad, and Chris are all gone. I guess they got smart. As far as these "new guys" I haven't heard anything about them. Rob still owns the store. It's sad to see a gunshop go the way that one has, or at least its owner.
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 6:54:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 10:33:47 AM EDT
[#7]
They have to start out small to get big. Others have gone all out from the start, and go out of business quick.
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 8:55:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Well I wasn't aware that 111 wasn't liked around here. So what IS a good shop in the area. I do NOT want to go to Louisville to find a good gun shop.
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 9:01:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 3:14:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I am in Clark county. Is G2G a full gun shop? Based off that link it doesn't look like they carry very much.
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 10:22:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#13]
111 gun shop is a good shop & a hell of a lot better than the snob shop (Read Kieslers).    Dont believe all the internet dribble.
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 2:39:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I tried going there today.  I don't think I will be going back.  2 other people in the shop.  One was filling out paperwork, the other was looking at guns.  Not a single "Hi may I help you" from the shop staff.  Guns were mostly junk and prices were ok but not great.  The only decent gun they had was a Colt Sporter.  

I also feel Duty bound to say a couple things about some of the other comments in this thread.  

111 Used to shop there.  Will never set foot in it again.  The owner is Shady on a good day.  He screwed me over a couple times and I don't see a reason to do business with a company like that.  I am sure he will find some way to weasel out of the pending criminal charges but that doesn't change who he is.  He once tried to sell me an XD with 2 10 round mags that somehow had been switched out and the 16 rounders put up on the wall for sale.  And I won't even get into some of the other Crap I have seen up there.  

Kieslers/Orion Arms is not the shop it used to be when Doug owned it.  The employees are mostly good people who are avid shooters and believe in doing right.  Sadly the new owner would not know how to run a gun shop if his life depended on it and won't let the employees do what needs to be done to keep customers happy.  I used to work there in wholesale.  I have seen how ugly it gets during and after Staff Meetings.  

Good to Go Tactical is great.  One of the guys up there is an old friend of mine from when I used to work at Kiesler's.  Prices tend to be good and they treat people right.  The only downside is that it is in the middle of nowhere.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 7:50:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Another great gun shop is just another 20 mi. up I-65, Ace Hardware in Scottsburg. Jeff [ Gunluster ] will treat you right.

TS
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well I wasn't aware that 111 wasn't liked around here. So what IS a good shop in the area. I do NOT want to go to Louisville to find a good gun shop.

You can also hop on I65 and check out Ace Hardware in Scottsburg.  Our very own Gunluster has a pretty impressive gun counter inside the store.  In spite of the small space he's in he's got a better selection than some stand alone gun shops I've been in.  I also like 256 Sport and Garden in Austin.  It seems like every time I go in there, there is an interesting surprise waiting.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:55:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the mention guys!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Yep I hit Ace when I can.  It is only about 10 minutes from my house.  Pretty good selection for such a small place, prices tend to be good as well.  Except on P-mags.  Sorry Jeff I just call it like I see it.  ;-)  I still want to help you win Sheriff though :)

In all seriousness I recommend them to anyone who asks, and some who don't.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Strange.  I always found his price on guns to be excellent.  

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:54:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep I hit Ace when I can.  It is only about 10 minutes from my house.  Pretty good selection for such a small place, prices tend to be good as well.  Except on P-mags.  Sorry Jeff I just call it like I see it.  ;-)  I still want to help you win Sheriff though :)

In all seriousness I recommend them to anyone who asks, and some who don't.  

I stop by Ace when I'm out riding the motorcycle, to look around, but to be honest, I find their prices a tad outa of my comfort level.

Hell...If you don't like a price ask me about it. Everything is negotiable. As a whole, this place has a lot more overhead than just a "gun shop". You can buy about anything in here except bread, milk, and butter.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I always believe in supporting local shops.  You have what I need when I need it and aren't way overprices, that is good enough for me.  Plus good knowlegable people are hard to find I am always willing to pay at shops where I can find that.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top