Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 7:56:02 PM EDT
Any kind of hunting.  I'm interested in the general overview: game, laws, regions, etc.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:32:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Mainly big cats!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:24:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Deer hunting is pretty good depending on the land you get , which is tough to come by in the heavier populated areas. You can use abow, muzzleloader, shotgun, handgun, or handgun caliber rifle. We did institute a buck management type of system a few years back that restricts the amount of antlered deer you can take. It has helped from what I have seen with larger racked deer being seen more often.

Small game is pretty similar to other states.

We have turkey, but i think that is only in certain places, im in the nothern section of the state.

Again, getting out into the more rural areas gives you a better shot at something big and a better shot of getting on their land. Unless you know someone with land, you are pretty SOL in the northwestern part of the state. Also, not much puplic land , except further south in the hoossier forest area, so when you do find public land it is usually over run with people.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top