Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2009 11:36:16 PM EDT
My 4-year LtCH will finally be expiring soon...well...still several months away, but I will soon be within the 180 day window which allows me to reapply. I'm finally going to get my lifetime.  

I have meetings in Indy at the IGC and Statehouse later in that week and the following week.  I'm thinking of just hand delivering my application.   Is this possible?  Anyone ever done it?  Advantages/disadvantages?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 1:20:47 AM EDT
[#1]
My guess is that it will be met with blank stares, and more likely to get lost since it didn't come in the mail.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:37:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I mailed mine on June 30 and got it back three weeks and three days later.  Turn around time is not bad now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think it'd get you anything. Hell, you might hand it to some secretary who'd misplace it and never get it to the right people.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:54:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Good points.  Mail it is!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#6]
They actually have an office in the courthouse. I applied, filled out the paperwork, and they took finger prints for mine there. When you go through the metal detectors, walk straight back and you will find their office. I really don't think they would lose it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#8]
When I was on active duty stationed overseas, I got permission from them to hand carry my locally approved application to them, since I was trying to get it done while I was on leave.  I applied on a Thursday, my local CLEO processed it over the weekend.  I picked up the application from the SO Monday, and drove down to see the ISP on Tuesday.

I really appreciate what they did for me.

edit:  I did get the impression it was not a common occurance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top