Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2009 1:11:13 PM EDT
I am looking for some stripped lowers. Anyone have any info?
 thanks
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#1]
law enforcement firearms Inc.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, on Shelby, but beware
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Beware of what? The natives, viliages or the proprietor ?
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beware of what? The natives, viliages or the proprietor ?

I guess all 3 No, really I went in there shortly after they opened up at the Shelby location. No sign out front and just a "strange" feeling inside. This was right after the panic buying started so I have to give them credit for having a full case of AR mags for $11.99 a piece. On the other hand they had an early model Mini 14 all "bubba'd" up and looing like it had been drug behind a truck with a scope and bipod that I believe they wanted $1000.00 for The guy behind the counter told me they should be selling it for twice that. Plenty of $800.00 WASR's too. He also told me they were in the process of installing an indoor range in the vacant spot next door. I asked him how long the range would be and he said "25". I said yards? and he said no "feet".  Dont think Ill be going back.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is their info:

LE Firearms is located at 2619 Shelby St in Indianapolis. You can visit us on the web at www.law-guns.com.

Our phone number is 317-822-8129. We are open 12-6 Monday - Saturday.

I purchased 2 stripped DS lowers for $100 ea out the door during their welcome sale back in the spring. Yes, the place was creepy with no signs or a real store front, but all is well now.

And dont forget to stop in next door and visit tactical shotgunner, tell 'em Joe sent ya!!!

The address is 2621 Shelby St. Our Hours at least early on will be 10am to 4pm wed through Friday 11am to 5pm or whenever the shop is cleared.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Malachi, the owner of Law Enforcement Firearms is a great guy.  The last time I visited their shop,
they were still located in Speedway.

Plainfield Shooting supply also has stripped lowers in for $125 I think.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Thumbs up for these guys.

Been there a few times, picked up a set of YHM flip up BUIS's one day, a used Streamlight M3 another.  Always good guys to me.

And it's gonna take a lot more than that area to intimidate me.  Hell, that's really not that bad of a neighborhood.

Scott
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 2:11:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh yeah, another thing he said is that they do 95% of their busineess off their website. Have you ever seen their website?
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:45:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Oh yeah, another thing he said is that they do 95% of their busineess off their website. Have you ever seen their website?

Just checked it out. Real interesting huh?

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn cops have a monopoly on southside gun shops.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If that's what it take to have a successful one so be it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

yea i thought the same damn thing
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 7:19:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that's what it take to have a successful one so be it.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Great guys, dealt with them many times over the years and when friends needed lowers last year at a fair price they delivered.

Creepy?  Christ, gun buyers who are snobs and weenies.  Lordy.............Thank God I live on Southport road where crime never happens, except on odd numbered days, after dark, every weekend and in a neighborhood FULL of cops.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Great guys, dealt with them many times over the years and when friends needed lowers last year at a fair price they delivered.

Creepy?  Christ, gun buyers who are snobs and weenies.  Lordy.............Thank God I live on Southport road where crime never happens, except on odd numbered days, after dark, every weekend and in a neighborhood FULL of cops.

Just wait to the word gets out that the dickhead mayor ran off all the cops.

Link Posted: 7/23/2009 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe they are too busy running and visiting the gun shops???

Link Posted: 7/25/2009 7:03:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As of today, all our neighbor cops are still here and so are their "company" cars.  I prefer this Mayor to Bart and I don't miss Julia Carson one bit.  Are Indy Cops quitting?  Where are they gonna go?  Los Angeles, Detroit, Atlana?  BTDT.  Just curious what the beef is now? Or do you mean something else?

My point is even with a highly visible presence of Cops there are still robberies and sub-100mph runs down Southport.  There are no safe places.  Remember the elderly couple in Brown county, man killed womans throat slashed, by the 18 and 13 yr old?  So Shelby Street and a low glitz gun shop not charging for their Bass Boat out back is fine with me.  for those who remember the cowling from Don's Outboard.
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#18]
LE firearms is open M-F 12-7.
As far as the neighborhood goes.. I see no issues, you have the soup kitchen just down the street but LE Firearms has gotten them under control and they don't venture to our side of the street. The shop needs a little work, but hey you're not there for the decor anyway are you?
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As of today, all our neighbor cops are still here and so are their "company" cars.  I prefer this Mayor to Bart and I don't miss Julia Carson one bit.  Are Indy Cops quitting?  Where are they gonna go?  Los Angeles, Detroit, Atlana?  BTDT.  Just curious what the beef is now? Or do you mean something else?

My point is even with a highly visible presence of Cops there are still robberies and sub-100mph runs down Southport.  There are no safe places.  Remember the elderly couple in Brown county, man killed womans throat slashed, by the 18 and 13 yr old?  So Shelby Street and a low glitz gun shop not charging for their Bass Boat out back is fine with me.  for those who remember the cowling from Don's Outboard.

I'm guessing he was referring to Southport mayor Thoman, not Mayor Ballard.

Link Posted: 7/26/2009 10:26:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe they are too busy running and visiting the gun shops???

Do you guys ever read the news?  I was referring to the 12 out of 14 Southport police that quit.

Link Posted: 7/28/2009 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, there are 12 new jobs created by Obama.

Sounds like a bit of a soap opera there?  Somebody pork the wrong person?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol  we must be freakin neighbors.  not many people remlember that.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top