Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2009 11:54:48 AM EDT
My buddy lives in Indy and is getting his carry license.  Can anyone recommend a good class for him to take in that area?  He has almost no experience with guns, so I convinced him to take a class.
Link Posted: 3/31/2009 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no state requirement, hence there are not many classes available.  

Guy Minnis, a retired LEO in Evansville, (150 miles), runs Hard Target firearms training.  I took a rifle class from him last fall.  He does classes on using a pistol as an effective weapon, and separate classes about all the issues involved with CCW.  

ETA:  does he want legal instruction, or just need someone to guide him in safe handling, etc. ?
Link Posted: 3/31/2009 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
The Boone County Sheriff, who is also a Gunsite rangemaster, offers classes at his range (~30mins from downtown Indy) for a very reasonable price.  He usually does two classes a year.  In addition to his own classes, he hosts many top-notch instructors for most of the year.

rhino, a member here and instructor for ACT, also offers training.  I can't speak for their pistol training, but rhino's carbine work is excellent.
Link Posted: 4/2/2009 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Contact Joe or John at www.adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com  They are running CCW classes regularly and getting many positive reviews.
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the recommendations, guys!  

kypt ... we can probably help your buddy.  We offer both private lessons as well as classes.  If you want to know more about our operation, our web site is at Adaptive Consulting and Training.

You may also contact us by email at:

[email protected]
[email protected]
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be seeing you at the may 30/31 classes, rhino!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 2:56:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'll be seeing you at the may 30/31 classes, rhino!

Excellent!  See you then!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top